ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 Immobilser/ Speedometer/ Central Locking Faults

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi - new to this forum but a well versed aged Clio owner - having sat through many a downpour under a leaking sunroof

I'm after some advice before tootling another Clio off to scrap land if I can help it!

Recently my 04 Clio 1.2 16v Petrol has failed to start. In the last couple of months, the remote central locking has failed, the speedometer is sporadic and has been failing showing no speed when travelling, it has failed to start three times this year resulting in various towing endeavours but all of which I've managed to bring her back. This last time I left the car with my partner - who unwittingly cranked her with the immobiliser light still showing and now she won't start at all - definitely won't crank!

The immobiliser light stays solid on red - investigations have shown only one earth cable from the battery to the gearbox intact. Relays in order, fuses in order, keys battery changed and decoder in order, voltage from a to b throughout the circuit and a manual reset of the system has been done. I've also changed the battery in the hopes of getting her over the solid red Immobilser but this hasn't worked. I've inspected all looms and wires - all in tact and I've reinsulated them.

Before I call it a day, does anyone have any other DIY ideas before I ship her off? She's done 170k and is valued at £50 so I'm not spending to renew the ECU or UCH because she's just not worth it.

Thanks for any ideas or tips!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 67