ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk3 brake cylinder on Mk2

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Does anybody know if the Renault sport Clio MK3 master cylinder fits the Mk2 172?
Just wondering as I’ve done the 4 pot conversion and feel the peddle is a bit long. Would the other master cylinder shorten it ?
Thanks for any help

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. I've got a 197 MC to fit to my 172 when I put my Brembos on.

The 172 MC makes the brakes feel spongy and you have to get halfway to the floor for anything to happen, 197 should sort that out mate

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yeah. I've got a 197 MC to fit to my 172 when I put my Brembos on.

The 172 MC makes the brakes feel spongy and you have to get halfway to the floor for anything to happen, 197 should sort that out mate

Thanks (y) is it just a plug and play or is there some modification to brake lines etc?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
@YorkshireKyle just a couple of questions I’m hoping you can answer. Do I need the reservoir from the mk3 as well or is the mk2’s good enough and can I get any 2.0l mk3 master cylinder?
Thanks for any help.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@YorkshireKyle just a couple of questions I’m hoping you can answer. Do I need the reservoir from the mk3 as well or is the mk2’s good enough and can I get any 2.0l mk3 master cylinder?
Thanks for any help.
I'm not 100% on the reservoir but I'm sure the MK3 one is bigger but also pokes out a lot more mate. But then again there's like 5 different ones the MK3 Clio's use which is dead weird!

I'm still yet to see if mine will fit, I'll see if I can have a look this week mate :)

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
That would be great...I did notice there are loads of different cylinders.
Your help is very much appreciated (y)