ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio reverse position

Clio track car
Hi , it might seem a stupid question , but can someone tell me where is reverse , is it left and forward or right and back , I have got the car going into all five forward gears, but cannot get into reverse, car is 1800 16valve. Any help appreciated, David

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hi , it might seem a stupid question , but can someone tell me where is reverse , is it left and forward or right and back , I have got the car going into all five forward gears, but cannot get into reverse, car is 1800 16valve. Any help appreciated, David
Left and forwards. But you’ll need to lift up the reverse collar under the gear knob.

Clio track car
Hi , okay I have now found the reverse position with the gear lever but when I release the clutch it goes forward as in 1st gear is there some way to aghast it , any help much appreciated , David.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hi , okay I have now found the reverse position with the gear lever but when I release the clutch it goes forward as in 1st gear is there some way to aghast it , any help much appreciated , David.
Are you lifting up the collar first?
If you aren’t, you’ll select first gear and not reverse.

Clio track car
Yes the collar is lifted and rises over the plastic moulding. You can actually feel and see the gear lever going into gear but it goes forward not reverse .

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
When my dogbone went I only had gears 3-5 due to misalignment ☠️ Could have joined a bobsleigh team after I perfected the 5-point-push-turn

Clio track car
Yes , the Olaf is lifted and clears the plastic moulding , you can actually feel it going over and into gear but it still drives forward!

Clio track car
Yes , the Olaf is lifted and clears the plastic moulding , you can actually feel it going over and into gear but it still drives forward

Hello Marsho/David,
Did you ever solve your reverse gear selection .... I'm having the same issue .... all gears are forward ... and yes lifting the colar allows the gear lever to move left and forwards as for reverse but seems to find first ???

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry about the double reply . I don’t know were the Olaf came from🤔
1000024080.png

Put the gearbox into first (using the same method you currently are - by lifting the gate),

loosen the 13mm linkage nut under the car and disconnect it from the gearbox without pulling the box out of gear.

Have someone hold the gear knob roughly where you think first gear should be (let me know if you want some pics to help)

While they try and hold it steady, re connect the linkage under the car.

You should now be able to use the gate for reverse, it not, repeat holding the gear knob more over towards the centre than before.

Hope that makes sense