ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 Replica...

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  An orange one
Dreadful, truly dreadful.

On a really really serious note, it was also very slightly one of the reasons I moved it on, I drove through town as part of the 72 miles it did this year, and I couldn't help but think that 95% plus of people were assuming is not grown out of my Saxo phase and stuck a kit on my Clio.

Petrolheads know they aren't, but to everyone else, I felt a little, silly :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dreadful, truly dreadful.

On a really really serious note, it was also very slightly one of the reasons I moved it on, I drove through town as part of the 72 miles it did this year, and I couldn't help but think that 95% plus of people were assuming is not grown out of my Saxo phase and stuck a kit on my Clio.

Petrolheads know they aren't, but to everyone else, I felt a little, silly 😧

Interesting view. I'd never feel that to be honest. Those who wouldn't know, probably wouldn't even care what it was.

If you're driving the genuine article, all concerns of other people's opinions and thoughts go out the window for me. They are obviously entitled to have their own views on the car - be they positive or negative. But I know that the car was designed like that and sold like that in the first place - and more often than not, for a specific reason. Balls to them if they don't know, don't care or simply ridicule it.

A bit like a conversation I had with a manager here who couldn't get his head around a black GT3RS having orange wheels. Each comment I made was reacted to with the childish response of "...but it's got f*cking orange wheels." If you've no appreciation of why it has them, then you just make yourself look more of a tit in repeating the same thing.

All the above however, does not save the current owner of that Clio shrouded after-birth on this link. 10 years of hard felching with pineapples should be the minimum of punishments.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting view. I'd never feel that to be honest. Those who wouldn't know, probably wouldn't even care what it was.

If you're driving the genuine article, all concerns of other people's opinions and thoughts go out the window for me. They are obviously entitled to have their own views on the car - be they positive or negative. But I know that the car was designed like that and sold like that in the first place - and more often than not, for a specific reason. Balls to them if they don't know, don't care or simply ridicule it.

A bit like a conversation I had with a manager here who couldn't get his head around a black GT3RS having orange wheels. Each comment I made was reacted to with the childish response of "...but it's got f*cking orange wheels." If you've no appreciation of why it has them, then you just make yourself look more of a tit in repeating the same thing.

All the above however, does not save the current owner of that Clio shrouded after-birth on this link. 10 years of hard felching with pineapples should be the minimum of punishments.
Having been out in mine for a fair while yesterday, they fall into two camps, people with nicer cars who look and smile / thumbs up etc as they know what it is. Then there's the chavs in their s**t 1.2 corsas etc who think the bodykit looks sick etc:grimacing: