ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colocation

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes, we provide them rather than using someone else though.

we use telecity in acton as our southern DC, we have one up north in manchester too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got a link to your pricing?
Unfortunately not, I don't work in sales sorry (and we don't advertise our prices on our website), if you are interested though, I can put you in touch with someone who will be able to help, but we are more a managed service than just hosting a server in our rack etc.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Telecity and presumably Archway (Manchester) are expensive. This is mainly due to them being core internet peering sites. Also Telecity is in Docklands London and power is always at a premium price there.

For general hosting that doesn't require ultra low latency you'd be better putting it somewhere cheaper. C4l in Bournemouth have an awesome data centre, it's cutting edge and very cheap. A 32amp full rack with 100Mbps of IP transit is probably half the price of a full 8amp rack in London.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Telecity and presumably Archway (Manchester) are expensive. This is mainly due to them being core internet peering sites. Also Telecity is in Docklands London and power is always at a premium price there.

For general hosting that doesn't require ultra low latency you'd be better putting it somewhere cheaper. C4l in Bournemouth have an awesome data centre, it's cutting edge and very cheap. A 32amp full rack with 100Mbps of IP transit is probably half the price of a full 8amp rack in London.

telecity have many datacenters, and outside of docklands too, like i said, we use telecity and its in acton, so very easy to get to with us based west of london.

depends what tier you want as to how expensive it is, depends how important your data island whereabouts you are to get to the DC if things need doing. Also, a DC based in london will have a quicker response time from HP in a parts replacement scenario etc.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
TeleCity have a datacentre in the same building I work in

One of the ones in Docklands? The client I'm doing work for at the moment has an office in one of the buildings Telecity are in, probably going to be there once a month-ish.