ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colombo & Bariani Camshafts

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
www.colombo-bariani.com

They got couple of different profiles for F4R's. The one's advertized on their website is the one that I am using. Much better than Cat's. The same built quality as Schricks.

Strongly recommend them. I think the reason that they are not very common in the UK is the distributor problem. They are very well known in Europe.

RS RIP
www.colombo-bariani.com

They got couple of different profiles for F4R's. The one's advertized on their website is the one that I am using. Much better than Cat's. The same built quality as Schricks.

Strongly recommend them. I think the reason that they are not very common in the UK is the distributor problem. They are very well known in Europe.

^^
yes

Idea for Yozza/K-tec etc. !?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
^^
yes

K-tec ---- not sure but by looking the profile I can easily say that it is one of the CAT's

Yozza ---- Schrick's

but drop them an email to be sure.

Price is around 700 € exc P+P for Colombos

RS RIP
^^
yes

K-tec ---- not sure but by looking the profile I can easily say that it is one of the CAT's

Yozza ---- Schrick's

but drop them an email to be sure.

Price is around 700 € exc P+P for Colombos

No i meant it might be a good idea for them to start selling em because they have a good reputation :)

RS RIP
Colombo-website seems to be out of order...

Just called them ; no-one speaks English so now i got so far that they asked me to e-mail them .... in english hahhah

Going to see what the price comes to when shipping to Holland

Last edited:
www.colombo-bariani.com

^^
yes

We have already spoken to them.

Will chase them up if there is interest.

Regards,

/y0z

RS RIP
I TRIED speaking to them today ; they started patching me through as soon as they heard i spoke English :D finally a lady told me i could please e-mail in English as she also did not speak English and wanted to get rid of me .

I'm interested in getting some y0z !

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
I TRIED speaking to them today ; they started patching me through as soon as they heard i spoke English :D finally a lady told me i could please e-mail in English as she also did not speak English and wanted to get rid of me .

I'm interested in getting some y0z !

by the way, they are billet cams not reprofiled grinded one's. Built quailty is awesome.

ok, well having spoken to them again today they are going to send us some more information and we are hoping to get set up with them in the next few days.

/y0z

RS RIP
nice...

okay i've just done a search on "cams" to find out a nice cam profile (all of the posts!!)...
I would like cams that give more power throughout the range and not so much "on top". I love torque.

The Jesus for example was running a 270+ profile before the ITB's and made almost 200hp, Cat cams.
These seem good for me as i want to run the standard ecu , get Henk Fastchip to map it. Do'nt want to have to change any other internals, just run the OE parts..

Is this 270+ profile the one for me ??

The C&B list looks real good as they have a nice range of choice, my problem is i know f**k all about these technical things ;)

A4 oil burner !!!
Pretty sure The Jesus was running the '428 Cat cams which i also run. They are also billet cams so good build quality, and great to run on stock internals and ecu.

Cant imagine much difference between the '428's and equivalent Shrick's on back to back RR'd other then being a couple of quid more out of pocket !

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
ok, well having spoken to them again today they are going to send us some more information and we are hoping to get set up with them in the next few days.

/y0z

Hi Yoz,

Ask Mr Bariani about his racing profiles for F4R's as well. He has updated the road profile 4 times for the last 4 years.

Nice custom remap from Henk + these cams awesome combo for RS's

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
And I want % 10 percent from each order since nobody has heard or tried these cams but me :)

RS RIP
Pretty sure The Jesus was running the '428 Cat cams which i also run. They are also billet cams so good build quality, and great to run on stock internals and ecu.

Cant imagine much difference between the '428's and equivalent Shrick's on back to back RR'd other then being a couple of quid more out of pocket !

how's the ride ; more midrange power or just more on top ?

A4 oil burner !!!
Definitely more midrange and pick up. Got rid off any flatspots and the 5k kick ! Now just pulls so much sweeter all the way the way through the rev range. Worthwhile getting your manifolds matched to aid air flow etc.

As there are a few top cam manufacturers vying for our money it would be good to see a comparison between them on otherwise stock internals !

A4 oil burner !!!
Sorry my mistake

From the Cat Cam website -

Cat Cams offers two camshaft product lines to cover the market needs in a flexible and cost effective way.
Where pricing is an important issue for 'conventional' applications, we provide high quality chilled cast iron camshafts. Typical examples would be fast road and moderate competition camshafts. It is not a matter of material quality, but rather availability of castings with sufficient material on the camlobes as these are only available for a limited number of big volume applications.
For more demanding applications, such as full race projects, steel billet camshafts are used.

correct, was just the basic 428's I had on mine. Would be interesting to get the technical data to compare lift values at TDC etc etc, as I tried to do that with the Shricks, but there's no info available. Mine were 1.55mm @ TDC and were the most mild cam for the F4R and run on stock ECU

all of it, whatever relates to something that can be easily compared to other cam manufacturers. Lift, duration etc etc

Lift at TDC I'm mainly curious about though. I asked Fred a couple of other times when this subject came up in the past, but he didn't seem keen for some reason :S. I'm interested more than ever about cams at the moment, as while I'm back to standard it's a good opportunity for me to look around and see what I want for my new build and what I think will work the best.

I'm looking at getting a comparison of the wildest cams available without the need for solid lifters etc. Pistons and rods I know are a must on certain durations, but that's not an issue.

RS RIP
just searched for these specs, can't find 'em ....

@the Jezus ; have you looked at these C&B specs ? 280/286 i think... is'nt that a bit "wild" ? Does this mean that the power is more on top of the rpm range ?

Lionel Richie
schrick data

288deg inlet (0.57mm lift at TDC)

280deg exh (1.40mm lift at TDC)

both are 11.42mm valve lift

@the Jezus ; have you looked at these C&B specs ? 280/286 i think... is'nt that a bit "wild" ? Does this mean that the power is more on top of the rpm range ?

not yet mate, not had a chance to, I'll look when I get home, as I'd like to compare them all. As for wild cams, basically if the lift is too high then you'll have valve clearance issues, but if the pistons are forged/pocketed you can time them back so they dont peak at such high rpm.

RS RIP

not yet mate, not had a chance to, I'll look when I get home, as I'd like to compare them all. As for wild cams, basically if the lift is too high then you'll have valve clearance issues, but if the pistons are forged/pocketed you can time them back so they dont peak at such high rpm.

Allllright... It's just that i do'nt want to do any internal changes on my engine; just wonna throw the cams in and map it. I'll have to contact mr. Bariani at C&B to see if these are the plug+play cams that for example EN035 is so happy with..

Curious to what you find of these C&B specs, post up your opinion !

Megane 2 GT 165
Hi frank,

Could you inform me when you have a price on posted to the Netherlands? Yeah I'm cheap, but maybe when the price is right we can buy 2 sets in one go.

And are you fitting them yourself?

Henk (fastchip) already told me these are good cams and the mild ones can be run with standard ECU and he could map them nicely. (10-15bhp) and ofcourse a big load of torque I hope :)

Franx, I'll have a look, but if you look on catcams website, their 428's will run on stock internals, as will the model up from those, but I think after that the valve's touch the pistons, so you'd either need new ones, or have your machined with a crown to avoid this.

Best bet is speak to Andy at GDI, as I'm not sure at what lift point it becomes a problem, but I know he's used the whole cat range, so will have a damn good idea... certainly more than I will! lol.

RS RIP
Hi frank,

Could you inform me when you have a price on posted to the Netherlands? Yeah I'm cheap, but maybe when the price is right we can buy 2 sets in one go.

And are you fitting them yourself?

Henk (fastchip) already told me these are good cams and the mild ones can be run with standard ECU and he could map them nicely. (10-15bhp) and ofcourse a big load of torque I hope :)

Fred (Yozza)is looking into it + i've now also found a guy in Holland who sells 'em and emailed him. He can deliver ! Do'nt know abou the costs yet as i need to contact B&R as to which to order.., YES will be interesting to do both at the same time Felix :approve: Henk is doing the total job on mine ; maybe interesting for you (+me) ?

RS RIP
Franx, I'll have a look, but if you look on catcams website, their 428's will run on stock internals, as will the model up from those, but I think after that the valve's touch the pistons, so you'd either need new ones, or have your machined with a crown to avoid this.

Best bet is speak to Andy at GDI, as I'm not sure at what lift point it becomes a problem, but I know he's used the whole cat range, so will have a damn good idea... certainly more than I will! lol.

ta !