ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Color coding the trim

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Just a quick question,

How is the color coding done, do you buy new trim for your car already in the color, or do you just simple get the trim painted the same color as the rest of your car.

If you buy them already painted then a good website would be great.

Cheers

ep2
Colour coding is when u colour the trims the same colour as the rest of ur car.If u got cash to burn then, buy a new set and give it to bodyshop or do it ur self.

do as leo529 says, diy is best, as long as you do it well and TAKE YOUR TIME!!! bodyshops will bum rape you on price usually :(

do a search, diy colourcoding has been covered on here umpteen times (several by me)

jamie

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Yea, not for s**t would I pay around £200 to get them painted :). Might try it myself though, I take it there is special paint for the plastic, I dont use the same paint I would on the rest of the car do i? Because I have some lying around spare.

Im going to do the same soon, I presume you need to sand off the textured finish, perhaps fair it using body filler, then primer and paint. Anybody got a link to a DIY colour coding thread?

did this on my old 205. on to the black platic trim. really easily done if you have the time. saves you loads of money if you do it yourself

you will need a few cans of plastic primer with a high build on it so with a few coats should see it smooth. remember to sand down every layer after letting it dry before the next is applied.
next thing is just simply the same colour as the paint as the car drying and sanding between layers then last is a couple of coats of clear coat to seal it.

bit more complex than that but you get the idea;)