ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour codes, and painting

K20 eg 217 whp.
i have a mk1 clio and want to find the paint code for it, how do i do this? sorry in advance if its really obvious.

i want to colour code my door strips, whats the best way to this as i have lots of time and want to do a really good job on it.

thanks, jb

ive done several myself... best advice i can give is take your time!

you want to leave at least a whole day between the stages of applying the primer, base coat and laquer. You only want very fine coats too, dont aim to cover the whole section in 1 coat, its best not to! 3 or 4 coats at each stage of spraying is ideal. whole process from start to finish may well take a week.

the secret to success is in the preperation, so make sure you've got various grades of wet n dry paper at the ready to use between layers.

oh and finally, dont spray them and chuck them on your car... after the laquer leave them for 4 or 5 days in the dry to harden properly. Then polish them with a decent polish before putting them on your car!

if you dont do any of the above, they WILL look rubbish :)

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
I got mine done for £190 looks loads better
Before:
DSC00083.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

After:
BILD1513.jpg

CopyofBILD1510.jpg

K20 eg 217 whp.
yer that looks alot better ^^^

i was looking at all the stuf i need to do it today and will start when its dry for longer than a day lol

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Its best doing it in summer get better results or in a heated dust free room

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yeh car looks good, i wanna do the same. That price seems good but being a student might have to DIY it. Need to get those handles done, you have to take out the door card and entire door trim off to unscrew the handle tho, so i read on some translated french page.

Anyone fancy telling me the best way to prepare it and with what grades wet and dry to use, would appreciate it. Am a novice.