ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding bump strips...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
if i decide to colour code myself, do i just sand down the rough outside of the strip?

ive decided to get them done, but was wondering if it is possible to do myself and do a good job??

advice please!

RS Meg 175
i had a stab my self at doing mine.......full on, pain in the arse i would just wait and get them done at a paintshop, quality with a spray can is shat tbh,
and all the steps you have to take when painting and priming is just boring lol
there is a guide kicking about on here though...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeh, ill probably get them done proffesionally!

anyone know any prices, roughly for both sides of the car?its too late to ring anyone now!

Chocolate Bar™
100quid would be good off a bodyshop.

im going to be doing my own bumpstrips so we'll see how shat paint out of a rattle can is ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
£100?! u havin a giraffe?!

thats crazy for a bit of paint!

CS Dungeon
I did mine myself out of rattle cans and the finish was spot on.

Just need to take your time on the prep work and you will get a good finish

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
Do all the prep work your self - this you cant really c*ck up then pay some one to spray it!!

Its the prep work which costs as more labour intense!!

Dumpy

1.6 16v
It depends how well you are prepared to do them! If you put the effort in and do things slowly then the quality if good! I have done my side badges and they are ok!

Just use a proper paint match and good preping and jobs a gooden!

did mine myself, there were several threads about this over the last couple of weeks so have a look, came up like this (took my time and did a proper job)>>>>>>>

DSC02252.gif

have a go yourself on something like 16v badges, if you c**k it up, no harm done and minor funds used.

jamie

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
do i sand the trim down completely smooth?

how do the trims come off?ive taken my '16v' badges off before but cant remember how the whole trim comes off!
does it look stupid with them off?