ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complete DSLR Noob.

Golf 7R
I have been generously been offered a hand me down from a good friend, and as a complete photography novice I'm unsure as to its capabilities, or even how to take a decent picture.

It's a Sony Alpha DSLR-A100, which means absolutely nothing to me, and I'm sure compared to most of the cameras used on this site, it's pants at best, but as long as it takes a better picture than me Iphone, then I'll be reasonably happy.

So, has anyone any experience with one?

Thanking you kindly.

Its a perfectly capable camera will full manual modes and a nice big sensor for great image quality. Read the stickies at the top, the same principles will apply even if they do sound a bit Canon/Nikon specific in places..

Read the guides. Practice. Edit. Bin most of them. Practice. Edit. Practice. Edit. Practice. Bin slightly less. Practice. Buy more expensive things.

:D

Golf 7R
Top stuff guys.

As i say it's only a start, so i'll just keep hold of it for a while, learn from my mistakes and work my way up.

Appreciate it.