ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

complete r****d needs help (i-tunes and i-phone)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got an itunes account and i'm trying to set up my wifes iphone.

However, because I'm trying to connect a new device I need my username and password and I can't fcuking remember it.

Arrrgghghghghg!!!!!

What do I do now?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
username is an email usually

Can you not click forgot my password? Or something like that

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Right, thats sorted. Just need to find where the fcuk all my music has gone :S (We'll leave that for another day.)

My account is up on the screen, all is good. But as soon as I plug the phone in it says device not recognised. WTF am I doing wrong?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol

Try plugging it into another USB port. Alternatively, box it back up, take it back to the shop, and ask them for a nokia 5110. ;). You should get on with that.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ha ha ha you pair of pricks.

FYI its my wifes phone, not mine. I wouldn't be so deluded to think I was capable of operating an iphone. Thanks for your valuble input though, Assholes.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My sister pursuaded (sp) her to get one. She is even worse with technology than me.

We've been at it for 5 hours 13 minutes now and still can't figure it out.

Expect an iphone for sale thread as I think she will go back to her Motorolla Razr thing! lol. This is just a pointless exercise.

Bus w**ker
:(

I'm tempted to ring you just so I can listen to you try and sort it...but I fear the abuse.

Anyway serious question, but is the phone turned on and the cable connected before you're plugging it in to the USB port?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
:(

I'm tempted to ring you just so I can listen to you try and sort it...but I fear the abuse.

Anyway serious question, but is the phone turned on and the cable connected before you're plugging it in to the USB port?

Right.... Phone is turned on but says no service EMERGENCY CALL.

itunes is on.

Phone is connected to the computer but in the bottom right hand corner it just says ''device drivers not installed successfully''.

I'm going to go fcuking insane in a minute...

Close iTunes. Disconnect the phone.

Then plug the phone back in. If the USB port/cable is working, it will open iTunes.

iTunes will then guide you through it all.

Bus w**ker
Is there a SIM in it? Is it fully charged? Tried a hard reset/reboot (hold down the power button on the top right and the home button at the bottom at the same time until the Apple logo displays)? Tried, as dk said, a different USB port? Rebooted the PC/laptop?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Close iTunes. Disconnect the phone.

Then plug the phone back in. If the USB port/cable is working, it will open iTunes.

iTunes will then guide you through it all.

Is there a SIM in it? Is it fully charged? Tried a hard reset/reboot (hold down the power button on the top right and the home button at the bottom at the same time until the Apple logo displays)? Tried, as dk said, a different USB port? Rebooted the PC/laptop?

Have I ever told you two I love you? Thought not.

Well I did the reset thing, restarted the laptop, shut everything down and then just plugged the phone in...

Hey fcuking presto we're off!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its still not working. Just froze. So I disconnected it and plugged it back in and it said device driver not recognised.

I've had enough, i've got to go and pick a car up now so i'll come back to it in an hour when i've got a fresh head.

Are you using one of those USB hubs or something? It doesn't need drivers.

So you're either using shoddy USB ports, a hub or you've got a crap cable. I won't tell you how much an official cable is from Apple, so lets hope we can resolve it without that.

Bus w**ker
It does need to install the drivers on Windows Dan or it will just act as a mass media storage unit and not play nicely with iTunes.

SuperFastDan, the only other thing I could suggest is that you re-install iTunes. BUT you'll want to back up your music and stuff first or you'll lose the lot. Other than that I'm all out of ideas without actually sitting down with the laptop and phone.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dan and Si, I have the phone and the original lead, its all brand new from orange.

I need to get a geek from the pub to come down and sort it because i'm fresh out of patience.

Thanks anyway chaps. x (You too Roy!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
FPMSL!

I heart your threads. I always feel sorry for the wife though! :eek:

BMW F31
One last thing you could try is going to control panel, system, device manager, then check there's no yellow triangles with exclamation marks next to anything. I reckon the driver install has fucked up along the way. If you right click on any that have triangles and click on update driver. Then open iTunes then plug the phone in and try again.

Good luck ;)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ok we've tried everything. The phone will not connect to the computer.

WTF do I do now????

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nope. Just says device not recognised.

Do I need to do anything to the phone to get it to give out a signal?? Fcuk me i'm retarded.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ffs.

Done that. then restarted computer. plugged phone back in. **USB device not recognised**

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you remember that 'What laptop should a hopeless Bristol boy or his wife and/or son buy' thread .. where someone said "Hey, you should buy a MacBook, Daniel" .. ?

Do that.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fcuk off Essex. If its taken me this long to (not) get a phone to work i'd have grand children before I managed to work a mac.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You'd be able to work a mac by tomorrow night.

I can't think what you're doing wrong, but I bet it's something simple... have you got the phone on??

(I CBA to read the thread)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've given up.

I've told her unless she sucks me off for an hour a night for seven consecutive nights she can sort her own poxy phone out.

Thanks anyway chaps but this fcukers an ebayer! Can't be dealing with it.

ffs.

Done that. then restarted computer. plugged phone back in. **USB device not recognised**

Click close on that box.

Did it open iTunes?

itunes_5.jpg

On the left-hand side panel, below where it says iTunes store etc. Does it say 'Extremely Patient Womans iPhone' ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Seriously?

You're going to ebay a phone because you're retarded?

First thing I'd do would be to try a different cable, and try plugging it into another machine.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Robert, a phone that doesn't work is like a woman with a sewn up vagina. Useless.

Its going I've had enough and I can't put up with her bleating on about how technologically sp*sticated I am.