ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer leasing

I wanted to spend about 2 k on a good gaming desktop about 2 years ago. I then grew up a bit more however i would like a fairly good computer to play a few new games on, anyone lease a good computer. I like the idea of leasing as you get a new one every 2 years or so.

Tesla MP3 2021
I have never really looked at going down this route. I have just bought and built my own, sold on and gone with the times.

SLK250 CDI
The lease payments are going to near enough cover 100% of the purchase price I would have thought, so might as well buy outright. 0% credit card and pay it off over the offer period?

Yaris
Leasing a computer can have a lot of requirements (it does where I work) Business who are a LTD company trading for 2yrs....etc

But a credit card could be a better solution

It was more the fact that i get a new one after 3 years, and the company thing is no problem as i could just put it through the company.

ph2 172
I used to sell leasings for computer equipment in my old job. Was such a rip off for the customer but it lined my pockets (around £60 per signed lease). We had clauses whereby equipment had to be protected by warranty for the lifetime of the lease etc

SLK250 CDI
Exactly, ISTR if you are buying for business then you can claim capital allowance and offset against tax over 2 years. Plus if VAT registered then you can claim the VAT back too.

I get a new machine for work every 18 months to 2 years.

ph2 172
Yes you can claim back VAT and other allowances over the duration of the lease, however its still bloody expensive when you look at the figures! Interest free credit cards ftw

SLK250 CDI
I agree, same allowances when buying outright. Corporate business likes leasing as it gives fixed costs and no disposal costs when the time comes - large companies can spend a fortune to have old machines securely disposed of.