ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

corporate desktop wallpapers

Rav4
What are your thoughts on them?

Never bothered where we are, but some people started to have slightly dodgy backgrounds, I was rather flexible (within reason).

Due to that we have now changed them to the company logo. Plain, but works.

The abuse I am getting is rather funny.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Nonsense. It gives the business a far more professional feel. If I walked in to a company to do business and I saw each moron sitting at their computer with a s**t desktop background I'd be tempted to walk out. Leeave that sort of s**t at home, tbh.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If potential clients/external business associates are going to be seeing the computer screens on a regular basis then it's a good idea.

IE At the Renault F1 factory at enstone, as they have regular tours and people are constantly in and out the office, they all have standardised backgrounds. at HO it doesn't matter.

So my reply - It depends, but i prefur having my own personal desktop.

182FF with cup packs
I think you need to remind them whos computers they actually are. :)

If children abuse their privileges, then they get taken away.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I think you need to remind them whos computers they actually are. :)

If children abuse their privileges, then they get taken away.

I've had people rant at me that I took "their" computer away from them, or "their" department paid for it so it's "theirs"

Is it f**k, it's mine

Rav4
Here are some comments;

• Desktop has changed on my computer.... look s**t!
  • Thanks for the delivery of my new wallpaper Gabi, the colours are so sterile and depressing.
  • When do we get our work ties?
  • I don't tell you what to wear so why do you feel you need to change my wallpaper without my permission?
  • Should you just not change some people's in the office, I don't think there is any harm in having my dog on the wallpaper.
  • Surely you can't do this, there must be some law about this.
  • Nice desktop
There is more, some of these sound like crap, but they are true replies.

Will do screen savers next, oh dear.

G.

Clio RS 182
Here are some comments;

• Desktop has changed on my computer.... look s**t!
  • Thanks for the delivery of my new wallpaper Gabi, the colours are so sterile and depressing.
  • When do we get our work ties?
  • I don't tell you what to wear so why do you feel you need to change my wallpaper without my permission?
  • Should you just not change some people's in the office, I don't think there is any harm in having my dog on the wallpaper.
  • Surely you can't do this, there must be some law about this.
  • Nice desktop

There is more, some of these sound like crap, but they are true replies.

Will do screen savers next, oh dear.

G.

^^ lol you must of laughed at that!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
We just have a blue screen at work, rather boring but instead of watching my desktop I work, or at least browse the internet.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Companies do it for various reasons, I personally prefer it as it looks loads better having it all standardised. Also, before I joined there, one place I worked they had roaming profiles and one guy at a remote office which a piece of string for a network connection who decided to set a 25meg picture as his desktop. Caused all sorts of problems for him logging on I was told.

We use active desktop to show a 'desktop' version of our intranet home page. First place I've been that does it, and it looks good imho.

Plus it makes sure people read things they are supposed, or at least see it :p

They should never even see their desktop.

I have a photo frame on my desk to remind me I'm not a drone.

Rav4
^^ lol you must of laughed at that!

Certainly, I replied "we will be providing underwear too".

To which he replied, "can you put a picture of the owners forehead in between the 'peeh' gap.......... and smiled."

I did laugh, but was rather rude.

Can't please them all.

I did say to a large group "all much older than me", if you spend so much time looking at your wallpaper, you should not be employed.