ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Correct cat?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I bought this cat last night for my 02 172 but they have cancelled it saying is not legal on an 02 plate. It has the exact same part number as all the other BM Catalysts cats except being a fair bit cheaper.

The only thing I can think that would be incorrect is it only having a post cat lambda.

Last edited:

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I would like to know the answer to this also! After doing a fair bit of research a few weeks ago I ordered one and it was cancelled too! I can't see any reason why. For the moment I have a fitted a decat pipe.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I would like to know the answer to this also! After doing a fair bit of research a few weeks ago I ordered one and it was cancelled too! I can't see any reason why. For the moment I have a fitted a decat pipe.
I'd do the same but cant be bothered with removing it again on a 172 or fitting a 182 manifold for easy cat removal

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd do the same but cant be bothered with removing it again on a 172 or fitting a 182 manifold for easy cat removal

I am with you there. Luckily I have managed to get changing it down to a fine art, but still annoying. I needed to move car around on the drive so was the easiest temporary option while I decide what to do! The PMS system looks smart as you get a section that attaches to the manifold and seperate cat/decat a bit like the 182.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I am with you there. Luckily I have managed to get changing it down to a fine art, but still annoying. I needed to move car around on the drive so was the easiest temporary option while I decide what to do! The PMS system looks smart as you get a section that attaches to the manifold and seperate cat/decat a bit like the 182.
I removed it on my own somehow. I think I might 'steal a reg to send with my ebay purchase to cheat the system, pretty annoyed as I used my 15% discount code

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They cancel them if they're not type approved or whatever. I fitted one on my old 1.2 clio and it passed emissions but struggled! Was significantly cheaper and I was a poor student 😂