ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of questions - Clio 172 phase 2 exhaust and turbo

spasimodo

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
New backbox time (hanging 1" from the floor :-( ) Thinking of a stainless sytem. Has anyone got a KTR (Ktec) 172 stealth (silenced) exhaust system fitted? If so how noisy is it compared with a standard exhaust system. I'm not looking for a particularly 'sporty' exhaust note' and certainly not something that makes my ears bleed. Nothing worse than a loud drone on long jourey.

Second question. My summer runaround on a fine day is sub four second 0-60. It's on SORN as soon as they start gritting (now). My 52 plate 172 is relatively low mileage 70k approx, and burns no oil. In winter I miss the performance of the other car. Comments from anyone who has had a Turbo conversion as to viability and whether or not it's worthwhile. I know from comments in other forums in the past that too much power to a front wheel drive car can ruin the driving experience.

Thanks in advance.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Use the summer runaround all year? Or is it a caterham or something?

Turbo’ing a clio always seems to heighten reliability issues. And the cost of supercharging them is disproportionately high.

If you do turbocharge it, I’d also factor the cost of a limited slip diff (a Quaife if you want fit and forget) or you will have more power but only really useful in a straight line, particularly in the wet / winter conditions.