ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coverting DVD to iPod useable files

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone recomend a programme to do this that does it from start to finish?

Or is there a decent guide soemwhere?

Finally got some more space, so I can put some programmes on my iPod for when I'm working away, so want to get my sopanos box set on there.

Any advice appreciated.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Tried that, doesn't like it for some reason, just says there is an error and won't convert the DVD.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Handbrake definitely doesn't work. It won't open the DVD to start converting it - if that makes sense?

Any other suggestions?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Deeg said:
Handbrake definitely doesn't work. It won't open the DVD to start converting it - if that makes sense?

Any other suggestions?

You need to install VLC as well to handle the decryption of the DVD. Handbrake definately does DVDs as that's all it originally supported!

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
i use yadex to rip the dvd into a vob file then convert it into mp4 file using ffmpegx works a treat

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Could my inability to do this be anything to do with having a seriously old lap top?

If you put DVD43 on (runs in the background to decrypt the DVD realtime), handbrake will work a charm in one step.