ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash

Renault Clio 1.2 Sport
Basically I was driving today, on a country lane and a long sweeping left and the car under steered horrifically. Admittedly I was going too fast, but still, so the car under steered to the other side of the road to which a car was coming the other way, so I slammed to the left, got a proper tank slapper and the car went straight into the verge on my side. It was quite a big impact and the car was lodged at 45 degree angle up against a tree. A nice chap managed to tow me out, but then when the car was on the ground again, the steering was broken.

It does drive, but going along in a straight line the steering wheel is facing 90 degrees right, and when I parked the steering wheel was facing the right, when front wheels were facing fully left.

Doesn't look good, does anyone know what might be broken, and how much it could cost to fix?

Thank you!

Skoda fabia Vrs
steering rack and suspension damage. Need to get it up on a ramp and have a look

And also Slow down and get decent tyres if it under steered that bad at 45mph! lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Any number of parts: At best, prob bent a lower arm and a track rod end. At worst its bent the subframe and probably fubared the steering rack.

Clio 182 Titanium
get some pics under the car if possible look near where the wishbones meet the subframe look for creasing and obviously the tie rod arms(steering)