ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control behaving oddly

olisc97

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF, 205 XS
Hi All,

Stock 182, when I bought it cruise control was working fine, all the steering wheel buttons doing the right job. Took it in to KTEC to get the cambelt done about a month ago and only since then have I had some oddities with the C/C. Driving back, the light for C/C was on but buttons did nothing. Ignition off, back on, seemed to fix it.

Then we come to today: none of the steering wheel buttons do the right function. The 0 button increases the set speed, the - button seems to actually turn the C/C off (green light cuts out when I press the - button) and the + button sets the current speed. Oh and the R button appears to be doing nothing.

Turning C/C off at the switch and/or turning off ignition and it still seems to be playing up.

Are we chalking this up to typical french electrics, or is this a known issue? Quick scout doesn't show anything obvious.

Thanks in advance
Ollie

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Start by resetting your brake pedal switch then buying a new one from euro (about £5).

olisc97

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF, 205 XS
Start by resetting your brake pedal switch then buying a new one from euro (about £5).
Reset the switch, but it seems to be working fine anyway?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They can appear to be working fine but can mess with cruise. I'd replace it for what they cost imho as I had the same issue and it fixed it.

olisc97

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF, 205 XS
Spoke to KTEC and they've washed their hands of it saying it's nowt to do with anything they've touched (pinch. Salt) but they suggested it could be steering wheel buttons.

I have a mate that may have a spare wheel so I will see if I can borrow that and test.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Getting it plugged into a diagnostics kit and search for codes. Check if ktec can reset the cruise control with Renault clip too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

olisc97

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF, 205 XS
Getting it plugged into a diagnostics kit and search for codes. Check if ktec can reset the cruise control with Renault clip too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Here's the best part about French electrics...it started working again and I have no idea how [emoji1787]

olisc97

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF, 205 XS
Think I reset it, didn't get a chance to get a new one as I had a holiday. Driving down the A303 it decided to start working correctly again.