ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Source virgin, requires assistance....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Right chaps,

I've recently reinstalled HL2 and thought about giving CSS a bash at the same time. However, I played very little of the original CS and only managed a limited go on Team Fortress Classic, many years ago.

Basically, I'm getting owned.................. and royally. This isn't even online (where I'd be a definite tick-turd-target) but just against bots on the Normal difficulty setting. My biggest issues are clearly the lack of map knowledge, but I don't know what weapons to pick or anything. The bots seem to have an uncanny ability to cap me from extreme range, while bursts from my SMG appear to do little damage.

I've already asked my CS-vet m8 for advice, but if you've got any general tips or hints, they would be appreciated!

Cheers,
D.

Fiat Panda 100hp
get the 4th rifel down in the list. its good and you can zoom in using this. but i find myself using the deser eagle pistol, amazing weapon

Pikey Truck
Get the m4a rifle when ur CTs, and the AK when ur Ts...

Always aim for the head! Try to get flashes and grenades, and flash round corners when u get chance...

Keep at it... Practice makes perfect!

Online Assault is a good server to use... quality community, but strict with cheats and piss takers...

IP is 85.236.100.80:27702 just paste into add to favourites!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
This bloody game has soaked up so much of my time over the years!

SMGs are generally only useful for close to medium range stuff. You can also move while firing these without losing much accuracy, so use that to make yourself a difficult target. I generally just go full auto with these as they don't have huge recoil.

Rifles you really need to be stationary or ideally crouching to get the best accuracy, otherwise it's pot luck. At close to medium range you can go full auto but slow the rate of fire down the further away the target is.

Shotguns are good for a laugh as is the M249, but they are not general purpose weapons. Sniper rifles are for big gay boys ;)

Keep your sights at about head hieght so that when a target appears you are ready to fire. All too often people wander around looking at the floor.

All gun play aside, think about what the other team are doing. Do they consistently go one way or leave themselves open? Analyse and exploit :evil:

Pick and choose your fights, if the odds are against you run away!

I usually play on the 24/7 monsterserver, 32 player office only. Brilliant!

Renault clio Exp 1.2 16v
P90 Mission

I recomend for sheer fun and games just storming the enemy close combat style with a P90, although u have to run like a headless chicken spraying bullets. it all depends how accurate you are at shooting though, pistals are great if your a good shot and can use them. Make sure when you run you switch to your knife though (everybody runs faster with a knife!)

What servers does anyone play on? I haven't been playing for a while as graphics card packed in but spent a fair amount of time on Yuk the yorkshire server, thats really good some cool people on there!

Punto/Clio GTT
first off ide say set up your keyboard so your comfortable with it. assign keys where your happy with them.

next make macros for autobuy

first macro is the F1 autobuy which can be found at

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR_NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\autobuy.txt

delete the stuff at the bottom and paste in this

m4a1
ak47
primammo
vesthelm
vest
defuser
deagle
secammo
hegrenade
flashbang
flashbang
smokegrenade

now F1 can be used for ct's and t's and will buy all necessary stuff.

you can bind stuff also to other keys, i recommend keypad.

these can be located at
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR_NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

and open the autoexec.

this is mine

bind kp_leftarrow "buy mp5navy; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy deagle; buy secammo"
bind kp_5 "buy awp; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy deagle; buy secammo"
bind kp_rightarrow "buy m3; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy deagle; buy secammo"

bind kp_home "buy hegrenade"
bind kp_uparrow "buy flashbang"
bind kp_pgup "buy smokegrenade"
bind kp_downarrow "buy scout; buy primammo; buy vesthelm; buy deagle; buy secammo; buy defuser"

keypad 789 granades, 4 is mp5, 5 is awp sniper rifle, 6 is pump action shotgun, 2 is scout and all the goodies.

set these up so you can hit a key depending on your cash and be ready to run as it hits 0. if your standing around at spawn going through wepons to see which you can buy your gonna get an ass kicking seriously. be prepared.

when in spec mode always look at the higher scorers, see where they go, what they do, where they are aiming and expecting to see someone. it really will come with practice.

when firing, dont hold the button down unless your up close and personal, take it easy, click, click, click, click for more accurate shots, try go for headshots.

always wear headones turned up.. you can hear an enemy scratching his arse 20 miles away. but also, if your in a showdown, always walk.

try and master the awp, when you fire, instead of letting it c**k back and reload, as soon as you fire, switch weapon then switch back, its faster and alot more efficient

GW RS200
Practice like hell! Then practice some more. Knowing the maps inside out and blindfold helps too - that doesnt take long as theyre all pretty small...

S.

Final_Maxim said:
i spose you logged in got owned then said its a sh*t game?
lol mate if ya say so. im a cs vet, therefore im bias to the old cs engine :approve::approve: had this discussion on here why old versions are better in the last 2 weeks, dont really need to do it again do we.

dont even play public servers anymore, full of tits and shite people that cry.

Punto/Clio GTT
fair enough, was a very vague reply previously so i just assumed you was baiting. havnt played cs on the old engine although i know more people still play 1.6 than css so it must be decent

lol, only messin anyway fella. each to their own. Should give it a try, you should be able to get it for free shouldntyou if you have a source acc?

Punto/Clio GTT
i dunno ill have a look on steam tomorrow, should think so. isit pretty much same principle as source? ct's t's cash, weaps etc

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
both games are very different, been playing them for about equal time now.

cs, far more accurate and requires a higher level of skill, although is generally ruined by people with awps.

cs:S im liking more, its easier to play from the go, it looks good, i find different tick servers are harded to play on, eg. i usually die b4 i see the person shooting me.
i find it easier to be at the top of the score board.

changing between the games is very hard.

im on steam friends if anyone wants to add me.
helmutvs

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
My biggest gripe with the old CS was the hitboxes, they drove me mad. It's a well documented fault with the original HL engine that it distorts hitboxes, so it's pot luck if you kill what you shoot. IMO that's the biggest advantage the new game has over the old one.

^ ive never really had that many probs with hit boxes tbh, been playin 4 years as well. Half the time people cant admit to their own mistakes and either blaim it on hitboxes or rates. I know there are some issues tho, i know myself that when messin about with someone that is AFK and their head has been right in the middle of my crosshair, and the bullet seems to go right through them without making any damage.

But the new engine is hardly perfect either. Some times ive played it and got headshots where i know for a fact i was aiming badly, but still got the kill. Seem to get so many lucky kills on cs : s for this reason.