ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Curbed My Alloy

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Good Morning,

Pretty gutted actually, in the 2 years I have had the car I have not once hit a curb and all 4 alloys were immaculate but due to our crappy and overcrowded works car park I hit the curb whilst trying to park and have damaged the alloy pretty badly :dapprove:

I reckon it might be able to be sorted by a refurb but am not sure because its taken quite a chunk out! How much would I be looking for a refurb of just one wheel?

Ibis A3 BE
Bump for this!!

Just heard my dad has done similar to my 182 at home, so want to check the going rate.

Sorry I'm no help to you Munday, but thought better to add to this than start a new thread.

Cheers, Rich

Ibis A3 BE
www.yell.com

lookin for alloy refurbers!

Yeah I know mate, that does make sense. But I just wanted to check the going-rate for this sorta stuff as I said. It's easy enough to get a quote (currently my dad has one for £90, wheel to be sent off) but I wanted to check that that isn't crazy money.

Cheers for any help people.

Rich

VW Passat 170 sport
Depends were your Based Barnsley been northerely its about £40 for 16s a wheel at metal Magic!

dunno down south

RenaultSport clio 182
had one of my wheels repaired outside my home last sat by a mobile repairer called dent it out. £25.00 took 2 hours realy good job thats the north-east area by the way.

Monblue bombay badboy!
Good Morning,

Pretty gutted actually, in the 2 years I have had the car I have not once hit a curb and all 4 alloys were immaculate but due to our crappy and overcrowded works car park I hit the curb whilst trying to park and have damaged the alloy pretty badly :dapprove:

I reckon it might be able to be sorted by a refurb but am not sure because its taken quite a chunk out! How much would I be looking for a refurb of just one wheel?

i can get that wheel refurbed for you no probs reckon it wont cost ya much mate i will fill the missing bit with weld smooth and clean then i can take it to my mates spray shop and he will spray it and dont worry i aint no cow boy been doing it for years im a welder fabricator just outside oxford. Can you send me a pic and ill get a quote for you

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Usual cost for a refurb is £35 to £45 per wheel then + £5 for removing and refitting / balancing. £90 for 1 wheel is a rip off.

Ibis A3 BE
Cheers for the info guys. Thought it sounded steep - will pass on the info and see what else there is around.

Thanks again, Rich :)

DUB mk2 golf gti!
im gonna go to that place in milton keynes next month probz! not that farish from oxford!

laguna coupe
this place is a rip off been quoted 366.50 colur coded and 323.50
gloss black that include centercaps tyres refitting and 30 repair contingencey
metal magic in barnsly quoted me 204 quid for gloss black refitting tyres and balancing 40 pound of that is my own estimate for a repair contingency
are metal magic any good