ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting back loom, hit a snag

172, BMW 650i & X5
OK, Track only Ph1.

Removed dash and components to be left with clocks only and huge (heavy) loom. Started tracing wiring back from unused connectors and snipping it.
With each plug I did this with I always started car, revved over 3k to be sure she wasn't in 'limp home' and then traced wire and snipped. After cutting I carried same procedure of start and check.
After removing a fair bit and ALWAYS using this procedure all was good. Started to tape up wires in black insulating tape ready for install and checked starting again. No fire. Turning over ok. Checked dash clocks and showing orange 'SERV' light along with fuel light (plenty in her)
I find this strange as she was starting no issues all along the process, even after last wire was cut. Unless it has taken exception to black insulating tape i'm at a loss. Any thoughts much appreciated...