ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting Bumper

White Sti Hatch
Kk on friday im going to get my finger out and go ahead and move my zost up a bit as its down abit to much for my liking what i want to know is whats the best way to go about cutting the bumper as i what tools and wether or not leve it on or take it off

Cheers :)

Lol cant spell either...awaits slaggin for title

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: Cutting Pumper

Bumper*
Exhaust*
leave*
Want*
lol

I reckon a saw would be a good start?

R35 GTR

Get a decent exhaust place to do it, they have experience with this sort of thing. f**k it up and you wont be happy.

Or get the dremmel out.....

a cutting pumper eh! lol

I had mine done when the exhaust was fit but he used an air saw, looked easy as i watched. He used a perm marker to outline the cut I wanted.

this is mine:

zorst1.JPG

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

ARG hate it when people say zorst, although those look alright.

White Sti Hatch

Just wanted to know what was involved thats all lol i will do it but al depends if it will mmove up by just flipping the bracket round if not its off to a garage to get it done

loosen to hanger, let it hang down to give you access but use a mrker before to get the correct shape, then a dremel or jigsaw if your confident, i watched him do it and it looked easy, only soft plastic, make sure you mark the outline then it cant go wrong.

*goes running for cover!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I'd pay someone to do it, unless you very good with a cutter.

White Sti Hatch
I will see what happens and if it will move up by just flipping the bracket round *fingers crossed* then ill take a go at taking a bit out of the bmper.

I aint a pro but Learn by doing lol :) !

a cutting pumper eh! lol

I had mine done when the exhaust was fit but he used an air saw, looked easy as i watched. He used a perm marker to outline the cut I wanted.

this is mine:

zorst1.JPG

where did you have that done russ? ive got a pro speed i want cutting in!

jamie

zorstec in Salitaire, near bradford / shipley.

His names Andy, if you go tell him Russ with the black 172 sent you. Ive been a few times, he quoted me £120 for silenced decat fitted, with two lamdas etc which is good i think.

PM me if you cant find their number.

White Sti Hatch
Cheers to who ever changed Title lol :)

Had a look today at college at the bracket and it looks as iff i can flip it round to move the exhaust up so will be stealing the Dremil from work no doubt on friday :)

I will show some pics of the mess i make when im done..

Milltek'd 182
mark it out, use a hack saw and cut inside the line then sand it out to the line. more work, but harder to go wrong. esp if you are doing it with the bumper on the car.

White Sti Hatch
Yeah was thinking of taking it off to do it after marking it but unsure how to take it off :/

Im doing it my self least if i screw it up it was my own fault lol

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Re: Butting Cumper

If you get someone else to do it they will pay for it to be fixed not you lol

White Sti Hatch
I will....Think im gonna take the bumper off to do it though should make it a lil easier...Hopefully

White Sti Hatch
Fook doin it now lol Its baltic outside n Bolts are a bit well rusted MOT round the corner so ill be skin in a favor when its getting done :) got new lights fitted though :)