ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D40 SLR £279 @ Argos - Good deal?

As soon as you buy one its out of date!!

The D60 is on its way, but to be honest, IMO, your best bet is still the D40 and get some extra stuff with the money!

See my post below this one for some indoor pics with D40 & 55-200 vr lens.

RS Megane DCi 175
^^ Cheers, yeah I know it's like anything else - as soon as you buy there's a new model out. I don't mind that but I don't want to pay over the odds for an already obsolete model! I know the thing with DSLR's is the lenses so there are plenty of options for the D40?
Is the £279 a good price? They seem to be around this price on fleabay!

Nice pics in your thread btw!

Megane Mk4
Was looking at this on the Argos Extra website last night..

I have one. Decent price for a decent low end DSLR, Worth the money all day imo :D

As soon as you buy one its out of date!!

That may be the case, but the old model doesn't get worse all of a sudden. Camera body makes little difference anyway (at this end of the market), you could wait for a D60 but your photos won't be any better.

RS Megane DCi 175
Good good, I'll probably get one sorted out at the weekend then - if I've any pennies left after valentines that is! :(

Megane RS 275 Trophy
This is the latest price off HotDeals

Ok guys just seen this on Currys for the same price £279.99 as Argos. Then take off 5% for the voucher YAW734 and free delivery voucher AWSPRDEL and works out at £265.99!

That's £265.99 all in - which is cheaper than Argos.

Also don't forget 3.5% Quidco available!

RS Megane DCi 175
Bought one yesterday! Went into Argos and picked it up though. Got a 4GB SD card for £16 too :)

Gonna buy a book I think and swot up a bit then have a play with getting some pics!