ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D40

Mondeo ST220
Just bought a D40 brand new. Surely it should come with a manual and some software?

All I have is the body, the extra lense I bought with it and all the wires etc.

Or have I been given the wrong stuff?

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I got a D40 this week and it had a quick start guide and manual in the box, you can download the manual off the Nikon site or go over to Ken Rockwell's sit and use his D40 users guide I find it better than the Nikon manual.

D

dick

probly not, doenst have an af motor, or aeb, dont see why it would have a manual...

Mondeo ST220
I got a D40 this week and it had a quick start guide and manual in the box, you can download the manual off the Nikon site or go over to Ken Rockwell's sit and use his D40 users guide I find it better than the Nikon manual.

Cheers mate, gonna take it back. should have it with it and I now have the feeling its been opened or returned. So I want to make sure I get all I should.

Megane Mk4
You should have this.. (provided of course you bought it with a Nikon 18-55mm lens)

• D40 body
  • 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
  • full / quick guide uk manual and warranty card
  • 2 software cd's (not sure on software name as I'm not at home and I've never opened them)
  • EN-EL9 battery.
  • MH-23 mains battery charger (and mains cable supplied).
  • Nikon Camera strap.
  • BF-1A body cap.
  • UC-E4 USB cable.
  • DK-16 eyecup.
  • DK-05 Eye cover
  • BS-1 Hot shoe cover plate
If not, take it back. You haven't got it all.

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah my D40 had a manual when bought with the Lens. Which is the only way you can buy a D40?

Mondeo ST220
yeah sorry bought it with the 18-55mm lense and the 55-200mm lense. Took it back and just changed it so i now have anything. Now to work out how to use it lol!