ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3

Nissan 350z
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Souls

Is anyone else playing this? Its a sequel to a PS3 exclusive that i never played but i decided to pickup a copy at the weekend to fill the gap while awaiting Battlefield 3.

HARDEST GAME EVER! :mad:

I think ive spent more time dieing and running back to my body than i have actually making progress. I picked the Pyromancer class and im seriously regretting it now! I cant kill the dragon on the bridge with arrows (not enough dexterity for bows) and i cant kill the gargoyles on the church (cant cast spells while blocking).

I've got it, Dark Souls was one of the best games ever imho and this is more of the same.

It is hard , i'm struggling to beat the Orge , just got the pine dust of whatever it is. I'm about 7 hours in and hardly got anywhere!!!!

Nissan 350z
Yeah im about 7hrs in as well from memory. I spent a good hour or so at the start not knowing where to go and dieing to ghosts because i went down the lift rather than going up towards Undead Berg or w/e its called.

When you say Ogre is that past where i am based on what i said above?

I think it's before you , not really sure. Pretty much near the start of Undead Berg BIG ugly taurus Ogre dude on the bridge

Nissan 350z
Oh yeah the bull ogre on the castle wall. I one shotted that somehow which given my track record shouldnt have happened!

I was lucky enough to apply the lightning to my weapon just before the fight, got all nice and cosey in his groin and just swinged away at him and before i knew it he was down first time. Wish i could repeat that fluke for other bosses :(

where did you get the lightning from?

I'm still a little slow at picking up whats what , like Kindling and Humanity , blah blah blah

Loving it though , i love games that take weeks and weeks to clear.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I enjoyed reading the IGN reviewer diary for this. They were tearing their hair out but it was brilliantly funny.

Nissan 350z
LOL yes even the games hints are frustrating! There may be one by a cliff that will say "try jumping" so you immediately stop and think "what, where?" only to find another hint saying "beware of lies". WHY! Its like the game is trolling you sometimes, seriously.

@lasbazrre. Im sorry i cannot remember where i picked them up from, but they are a couple of rocks that allow you to apply a lightning affect to your weapon for a limited time. I've since ran out however :(

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Got this as well. Brilliant game, am about 15 hours in now soul lv 17 wondering round some place called Darkroot Basin. i finished Demons souls so got this knowing exactly what to expect. If you need any help this site is very useful http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/ its not been busted right open yet but will have more content added as people get further etc , should help you get on your feet tho :D

Nissan 350z
Wohoo smashed the gargoyle boss last night on my first attempt! Basically i went off and farmed skeletons around the abbey, got to level21, got dexterity to use a bow, got the drake sword from the dragon on the bridge. Basically pimped myself up. From doing all this i had built up 2 humanity so i "reversed hollowing" at the campfire and became human which then allowed me to summon the knight NPC to help me in the gargoyle fight. That guy tanked the gargoyles like a boss so i downed them 1st time! :D

After i went down into Lower Undead Berg and one shotted the Capra Demon boss there too, totally by accident! I managed to leg it up some stairs and while guarding with my shield backed up onto the ledge of an archway where he couldnt reach me. I just dropped some firebomb items on his head from above lol.

F82 M4
Wohoo smashed the gargoyle boss last night on my first attempt! Basically i went off and farmed skeletons around the abbey, got to level21, got dexterity to use a bow, got the drake sword from the dragon on the bridge. Basically pimped myself up. From doing all this i had built up 2 humanity so i "reversed hollowing" at the campfire and became human which then allowed me to summon the knight NPC to help me in the gargoyle fight. That guy tanked the gargoyles like a boss so i downed them 1st time! :DAfter i went down into Lower Undead Berg and one shotted the Capra Demon boss there too, totally by accident! I managed to leg it up some stairs and while guarding with my shield backed up onto the ledge of an archway where he couldnt reach me. I just dropped some firebomb items on his head from above lol.
Could you imagine saying this to a girl on a first date haha. I might try it :cool:

Mint game!

I'm a little bit lost re the summoning / Humanity thing I've tried to summon players to help me , but nothing seems to happen???!!!

Nissan 350z
I havent got that far yet. New Londo Ruins is the place down the elevator at the start, full of ghosts right? I was under the impression the knight that you free from the Undead Abbey's church is able to remove curses for a fee (2000 souls), when you free him he appears back in camp.

I've had no luck summoning players for co-op either yet. I think you need to be human (spend 1 humanity and reverse hollowed at a campfire) then use the marker on the ground to place a summon and hope someone accepts and helps you.

Check out:

:lolup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I put nearly 300 hours into demons souls :eek: so this game should be fairly straight forward ;) You are supposed to die a lot, dieing is a core game mechanic. As for the messages its not the game trolling you, they are messages from other players!

I've put in over 160 hours into this game and i've STILL not cleared it!! This is back to how games should be in terms of life span and replay value. It's rock hard and you'll die a hell of a lot , but it always gives you that ' one more go ' feeling rather than throwing the controller at the wall feeling. If you can't get past a boos you need to beef up or buy/earn a new weapon to beat them.

Iam defo not a RPG number crunching geek and this is up there for me. Anybody pissed off with 8 hour games with 6 hours of FMV videos? Buy this then.