ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dash powered down

Track 172 Cup
Jumped in the car too go for a quick drive after been at Oulton on Wednesday and parking it up when I came home not touched it since (had NO issues at Oulton all day) got about 1/4 mile down the road only going slow as car was cold and it's raining and all of a sudden dash seemed too power down and come back on then my oil light flashed so carried on till I got somewhere safe too stop for a bit let the oil settle for 5-10 mins and checked, it was just below (about 5mm) the max line, only had too put about 150ml in after 3 hard track days and one being Wednesday when it was pretty warm. Took the oil cap off and the cams all had oil over them and wasn't dry or anything. Went back home oil light flashed till I got there, went back out dipped it again after it was left sitting for a few hours oil was almost on the max line, turned car on no oil lines flashing turned off checked in filler cap and all looked lubricated.

Now any suggestions on what I could be (possible faulty sensor) or should I see what happens over the next few days? I'm thinking of putting an oil pressure/temp gauge in at some point anyway so might do it when I drop the oil and filter next.