ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi tickng - Solutions/ideas

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Ok here is the story, my DCi has been fantastic throughout till I got to Birmingham on Saturday.

Had my music down, pulled out of a road and then as I acelerated, I could hear a ticking picking up speed. If I feathered the throttle it wasnt there, only when I put my foot down full.

When I now idle, I can still head it and its pretty loud. The oil reading when I switch on shows nothing wrong, no errors at all and same when I check the oil levels, all perfectly fine.

So I pop open the bonet to try and narrow it down a touch. At first I though it was coming from the alternator belt but then I take off the diesel cover which mades it more apparent.

Im going to check the oil again later today to see what it could be but any ideas or solutions to this would be awesome.

Cheers
Teshi

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Just got into work, ticking is still there. Doesn't seem to be any loss of power at the moment and no black smoke so I dont think any one of the injectors is gone.

Ticking is still there. This is proving more difficult than I thought. Ill double check the oil before I leave for home at 5pm.