ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Warning Light Problem

Renault Clio DCi 65
Driving in 5th at around 60-70mph If I put my foot down on the throttle it will sometimes come up with engine management light and stop and warning light will flash for 5-7 seconds if I let off. There is no loss or power or anything.
Any ideas what could be causing it?

Renault Clio DCi 65
Thanks, is it something to worry about? Gonna clean the EGR valve this weekend to if that makes any difference.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Common on higher Mileage dci's. Not a great deal to worry about. Clean egr and put some good injector cleaner through

Renault Clio DCi 65
Fault still occurring. Cleaned out the EGR valve and ran some injector cleaner and 2 stroke through, currently covered 350 miles on half a tank so dont think its effecting the MPG. Once it starts flashing shall i let off or keep my foot down?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you do keep your foot down do you feel the power tail off for a few seconds before it goes like normal again. Mine was like this with the EGR fault.

350 miles is normal for half a tank of normal style driving. I get 400 when I'm a feather foot and don't go above 2k

Many.
Needs plugging into a decent diagnostic machine with live data and the fuel pressure needs checking. This is how my fuel pump began to fail.

Renault Clio DCi 65
I couldn't really say because every time it has came on, I let off on the throttle. Theres no fault codes stored on the ECU but around 3 weeks ago the coil light came on and the fault that was on there was to do with injector three minimum limit but that hasnt came on since. Car smokes a lot when driving but could be due to de-cat.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Even with a decat the car shouldn't really smoke.

It's best to have it plugged in. The diesel I've just got smokes and it's got very low fuel pressure.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Also recently swapped an injector but haven't got it coded to the ECU yet, could this be a factor?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You could get it plugged in anywhere which has a decent machine or ideally one with clip.

Injector not coded, yes this will make it run pretty rough. I would have got the coding sorted before driving it any considerable distance. Probably still okay but that's you call really. Get it coded asap.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Right so still having a problems with the lights coming on under throttle in 5th gear but every so often the engine management *light has came. The faults codes that have came up are df137 and injector 3 minimum limit. Am I right in thinking injector 3 has basically shat itself and needs to replace and the df137 is to do with pump regulator, and that the reason df137 has come up is because the pressure different going injector 3 compared to the rest of injectors.*

Car is still starting and running alright no funny noises just this problem. Have been quoted £250 for a set of injectors from renparts.*
Any idea's guys?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If it was just one injector I wouldn't worry too much about the C2i not being coded but it shouldn't cause rough running.

Sounds like injector 3 is the issue.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'd just replace injector 3 as it sounds to be the cause. Make sure it's coded in and you should be sorted.

As Alex said above you might want to get it plugged into a machine to check the fuel pressure.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Thanks for the advice. Currently waiting for my new diagnostic machine so i can see all the live data and code the injector once its in. I'll report back

Renault Clio DCi 65
Tried another injector in the car. Started first and idled correctly then the coil light came on and the revs increased to 10,000. Plugged machine and df137 code is still present so am i right thinking its either pump or the pressure regulator on the pump? Put old injector back in and no lights on the dash :s

Renault Clio DCi 65
Yeah pretty sure i had 4 spare of my uncle when i bought the car from him. Not 100% sure if the injector i tried is ok. So might buy a brand new one and go from there