ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat 172 Cup Questions

Clio 172 Cup
So after some advice again, I have bought a sport cat (de-cat as there's nothing in it) and was going to fit this to my 172 cup with a standard exhausted fitted and standard engine.

1. Will I get an increase in power or will it just make more noise?

2. Can anyone recommend the best place to buy the cat to manifold gasket and fixing kit? Is is main dealer only??

3. Is it really worth the trouble or am I wasting my time?

I should say the car is used 90% track and the 10% is driving to the track and back.

Cheers for any advice.

Clio 172 cup
So after some advice again, I have bought a sport cat (de-cat as there's nothing in it) and was going to fit this to my 172 cup with a standard exhausted fitted and standard engine.

1. Will I get an increase in power or will it just make more noise?

2. Can anyone recommend the best place to buy the cat to manifold gasket and fixing kit? Is is main dealer only??

3. Is it really worth the trouble or am I wasting my time?

I should say the car is used 90% track and the 10% is driving to the track and back.

Cheers for any advice.
I have a sports cat on mine and I had rolling roadbed and didn't make any difference to either torque or bhp so now I'm thinking of buying a decat pipe,besides the sports cat didn't go through emissions for mot I wouldn't mind some opinions myself

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
1) gains will be minimal, makes the car rev smoother and sound better.
2) I went to local exsaust place and ask to buy one and they just gave me it,
2.5 inch wires gasket, bolts and springs I needed.
3) that's up to you, I found it a worthwhile job.