ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decatted K-Tec Supersports without centre section *Video*

200 Gordini
Tomo182 showing us what a decatted K-Tec Supersports exhaust without a centre silencer sounds like:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_gbXusd3WrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_gbXusd3WrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
What do you mean by "without a centre section"?

Do you mean that in a literal sense?

Would explain why it doesn't sound right. :S

200 Gordini
D'oh.. straight through centre section. I keep meaning to write without a centre silencer!

How doesn't it sound right?

Titanium 182
I have that exhaust, love it. Couldn't have it with a decat though haha would be farrrr too loud !

Ph 1 172
Just decated my supersports stealth and to be honest it's f**king loud lol I like it on b road blasts but on motorway cruising it's painful literally painful!! But if you hold the car at certain revs it don't seem much louder than the stealth supersports and standard cat

182 BEAN
set up :

jms re map
upper and lower matched inlets
v6 espace airbox / pipercross race filter
2 1/2 " bored k tec supersports exhaust with matching de cat

RR results 181.8 bhp

182 BEAN
Drivin normally it really isnt that loud to be fair , but with music etc on u cant really notice it. But if your going to d cat ur bound to have a loud one and thats a silenced de cat

DMS

A thirsty 172
post the link ;)

[youtube]QwgBdWyaanQ[/youtube]

and

[youtube]u--vGNlOpdI[/youtube]

and

[youtube]supCQvATtYw[/youtube]

The sound isn't captured too well by the camera so you'll probably need to turn your volume up.

Last edited:
  Coupe/Defender V8
Supersport unsilenced with decat also - love how they differ from turbo/standard lol

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fE39bO9W2AY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fE39bO9W2AY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Watched you pull away from where you work a few months back, sounded nice and it wasnt too loud at all. Not sure if you had the decat then though?

LMAO also noticed you were parked behind another clio today, by the looks of it, it had massive 17s on it and a big exhaust lol. Prolly a 1.2 too, not to my taste tbh.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Off to Le Mans in June, may wait till after then!

I'm in the JAM matched inlets GB so would probably have it de-cat'd at the same time then mapped!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Corr DMS that driveby exhaust note sounds absolutely gorgeous! Love to have a shed load of money to something crazy like that!

Sounds even better with the pops and bangs on top courtesy of the map it's running. Will try and get some more recent videos when my camera monkey comes out with me again.

Coupe/Defender V8
lol @ camera monkey. It does sound turbocharged (strangely enough) great soundtrack. Bet the standard look fools a few other monkeys

DMS

A thirsty 172
Until they hear the wastegate noise and see it disappearing into the distance, yes :)

182 BEAN
Watched you pull away from where you work a few months back, sounded nice and it wasnt too loud at all. Not sure if you had the decat then though?

LMAO also noticed you were parked behind another clio today, by the looks of it, it had massive 17s on it and a big exhaust lol. Prolly a 1.2 too, not to my taste tbh.

ahhhh i kno yea 1.4 16v 95 bhp with a naughty k&n induction kit ! ..... i drive it sometimes lol , wen u herd me i never had the jms works on it its sounds ridiculous wen its booted now ha ha !

get a 172 pronto

ahhhh i kno yea 1.4 16v 95 bhp with a naughty k&n induction kit ! ..... i drive it sometimes lol , wen u herd me i never had the jms works on it its sounds ridiculous wen its booted now ha ha !

get a 172 pronto

1.4 95bhp? Not bad, bet it goes alright. My mate has a 1.2 16v with a relocation pipe and a Simota filter, for a 1.2 they really go.

And yeah i badly want a 172 right now lol, I have the money. I just have to wait until july, by then I will have moved to a village just outside cov and will have 1 years no claims. Drops insurance loads. Currently living in Tile hill, not the best place to insure a car at all lol. Moving to this village drops the insurance by about 900 quid :D

Oh and look out for a really tall guy walking passed your car at about 8:45 every morning :)

Evo 8 MR
My old 1.4 16v was running 97.6 bhp :rasp:

The noise from the K-tec zorst sounds good but it looks cack imo, looks as if it's pointing downwards which doesn't do it for me at all.

182 BEAN
1.4 95bhp? Not bad, bet it goes alright. My mate has a 1.2 16v with a relocation pipe and a Simota filter, for a 1.2 they really go.

And yeah i badly want a 172 right now lol, I have the money. I just have to wait until july, by then I will have moved to a village just outside cov and will have 1 years no claims. Drops insurance loads. Currently living in Tile hill, not the best place to insure a car at all lol. Moving to this village drops the insurance by about 900 quid :D

Oh and look out for a really tall guy walking passed your car at about 8:45 every morning :)

ill keep an eye out lol