ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decisions, Decisions

The Missus and I are thinking about buying a 172 (Mk2). Trouble is, I want the Cup, she wants the toys (Especially the spare wheel?). I need an arguement winning statement to convince her that Im right.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

She wants a spare wheel? Will she be able to change it? Itd be easier for her to use the foam!

Tell her she can have the toys but you a 172 with a new exhaust, remap and air filter along with some CUP wheels. So you can have the extra performance of a cup and still keep warm in summer and have a spare tyres for when a can of foan doesnt work.

EDD

Or just ignore her and go and buy a Cup if you loose her well least you got the Cup to comfort yourself.

EDD

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 06 November 2003

the leather seats and aircon are sweet, bugger 0.5 of a second!! (IMO)
I thought it was 0.3 of a second, but whos counting ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jonesey on 06 November 2003

The Missus and I are thinking about buying a 172 (Mk2). Trouble is, I want the Cup, she wants the toys (Especially the spare wheel?). I need an arguement winning statement to convince her that Im right.
Same with my mate & his GF, but she won...

mk1 172

why dont you buy a cup and buy her a mod con 172, when you get them have a go of both of them and keep whichever one you want and give her the one you least like.

better still, whilst she is cooking your dinner give her a slap and tell her you wear the trousers in your house and she better obey everything you say !!!!!

just a suggestion of course

cheers

darswold

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 06 November 2003

Get a CUP with CC. Still a 0.7 SECONDS quicker 0-60.
Take a look at Renaults official figures matey....

CUP 0-62 6.9 secs

172 0-62 7.2 secs

That makes 0.3 quicker!

;)

My tyres have been sealed so there is no need for a spare wheel..i dont need to check tyre pressures either..bit of a result for a woman surely?

The Cup is quicker everywhere than the 172..no offence to 172 owners but the official figure maybe 0.3 seconds but it feels noticeable after driving both on track.

So yeah id buy a Cup..it has that little something about it..its also cheaper. Id tick climate control on the options list though.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 07 November 2003

My tyres have been sealed so there is no need for a spare wheel..i dont need to check tyre pressures either..bit of a result for a woman surely?

The Cup is quicker everywhere than the 172..no offence to 172 owners but the official figure maybe 0.3 seconds but it feels noticeable after driving both on track.

So yeah id buy a Cup..it has that little something about it..its also cheaper. Id tick climate control on the options list though.

-Rob
Thats the one, Top man.

VW Potato

i find moments like this are always a good opportunity to take a deep breath, sigh, and then remind your other half that while they may be pretty, they are expendable and it would only take a moment to clear all their possessions from the house.

A man must stick by his guns on these matters.

g