ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Delocking Boot MK1

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
How hard is this to do? i have some body filler as im going to be doing alot of body work, if i delock from the outside is it still possible to open the boot? i have also seen some people remove the boot strip it looks nicer without but what do you think?

139.jpg

cliofinished11.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
depends how much work your gonna be doing to it. if your confident with filler then remove the strip if you want it gone, myself ide leave it there for the handle.

as for the boot popping, you can either fit a solenoid so it pops itself from a fob or you can just wire up the catch to a popper inside the car. maybe to by the backseat. pain in the ass to get into the boot, but its cheaper.

You need to weld behind the boot lock, needs to be a good quailty weld behind aswell, you want to use as little fillar as possibile as then its less likely to crack.

Solenoid kit for the boot is about £10 I think, you can get them off ebay cheapily enough and they are really easy to install, or just get a central locking solenoid off ebay, luckily on the boot it doesnt need a heavy duty solenoid, and you can wire the button into somewhere on the dash easily enough :)

Punto/Clio GTT
welding aint essential. but your gonna need something on the back of it to secure the filler, otherwise its just gonna go inside the tailgate.

if you got no access to a welder get yourself some sikaflex or tigerseal, and stick on a credit card or a bodyfiller spreader to the inside of the tailgate. then ide probably fibreglass the hole then filler over that.

If you don't weld then you are increasing the risk of cracking in the summer months, as many glues will expand in the heat and then you run the risk of cracking the paintwork over the top of this.

I prefer them fully smoothed off and then some, like mine ;)

4.jpg