ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed Porsche Carrera GT and Lambo Gallardo

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
As you may have noticed, I've been trawling the DW and also getting links off Tez.

Now, fair enough, I can understand the logic behind detailing a car, especially one as stunning as the Porsche GT. But to have it completely resprayed before hand? Wow.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57015

This is just stunning :

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55922

:cool:

Would anyone pay for this treatment for their own car? Like said in the other Evo thread, it'll probably be ruined on the way home. Would make for some lovely photo's though :star:

Also, thats me done for the day on that site.

Mk4 .:R32
if you can afford a 312k car, then you can afford about 5k for a respray. that equivalent of it costing about 100 quid to have my car resprayed. lol

p.s. do some work

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Its not ruined once you have driven it.... Its all about protection really. The rain just falls of the car. Its so easy to clean for months after they have been detailed. And when decent products have been used the shine stays there for months to....

That Lambo is pure p**n !!

I don't get the porsche either tbh, couldn't they just have bought a black one instead ??

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Its not ruined once you have driven it.... Its all about protection really. The rain just falls of the car. Its so easy to clean for months after they have been detailed. And when decent products have been used the shine stays there for months to....

I was thinking more of driving through a field full of sh*t once it was done.

;)

Hmm... lot of money for a clean car though. Wonder how much it would actually cost the average joe to clean it to that effect?

;)

Hmm... lot of money for a clean car though. Wonder how much it would actually cost the average joe to clean it to that effect?
Local polish (as in the country) dudes with a sponge, costs a fiver. Job done ;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

;)

On average i think most will agree its around £500 - £550

Some alot more some alot less :)

visualize whirled pe
That Lambo is pure p**n !!

I don't get the porsche either tbh, couldn't they just have bought a black one instead ??

I think the waiting lists for those sort of cars are so long he probably just thought to hell with that I'll have the silver one that is available now and get it reprayed in the future, or maybe he just fancied a change of colour after a year but wanted to hang onto the car, £5k is probably small change to him anyway. Plus it looks 10 times better.

If I had the money I'd respray a Mk1 Vee in Black, I've never seen a black MK1 outside of GT4.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
How much did the guy off EVO mag spend on his respray? Lovely motor, fav sounding car of all time.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i love washin cars only reason i dont do it for a job is cos its w**k pay at a delears, anybody ever want there car doing tho for not even half the price :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Theres no way you would get a full resparay from porsche for 5k.Try doubling it and then some

visualize whirled pe
i love washin cars only reason i dont do it for a job is cos its w**k pay at a delears, anybody ever want there car doing tho for not even half the price :D

Yep been there, worn the t-shirt.

I'd end up with wet shoes all day or wear boots which make driving the cars awkward. The sponge was always frozen to the bucket in the winter mornings and i remember cringing when i saw other valeters 'cleaning' their shammy with a jet wash on the floor before swirling it all over the customers car.

Oddly enough I miss that job some days though.

LY V6 with Recaros
Love the Lambo!! If I had the money to buy one then I'd definitely pay the money to get it cleaned properly!

Not sure on the logic of respraying the gt though, why not just buy it in that colour to begin with??

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Black CGT is easily the best car on the planet, I think the different colour wheel caps are so 1990s TSW Chav though!