ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DieselSport Badge concept....

DCi 80 DieselSport
I've been thinking a lot about some sort of Diesel/RS hybrid badge for the boot. I mentioned it in passing to Tom when I picked the car up and it's been playing on my mind ever since.

My PS skills are limited; but I've come up with this. It's the Diesel badge from a Holden combined with the latest RS design....

badgeconcept.jpg

I hope you get the idea of what I'm trying to achieve.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as I think if it was done WELL it would be an awesome touch.

If there are any PS geeks out there who are willing to come up with some designs I'd be very grateful. I reckon if we try and use 'off-the-shelf' badges it would be easier to achieve.

Cheers :cool:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I wouldn't want anyone to see either of those two words on any car I owned, let alone together :S

Why not just have someone make up a sticker such as:

[I'm tight and middle aged.]
[Cost effective moderately enjoyable motoring.]
[My Dad bought me this car.]
[I think I'm hilarious at dinner parties...]

etc.

;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I can see the logic behind it for you dci, looks like a finishing touch to a nice car.
The golfs have GTD's and I've seen a Vauxhall VX-D badge but I don't like that diesel front, unfortunately I can't think of a better one

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Making up your own trim level badge never works. So it's a no from me.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
idk what you lot think, i like the idea, slightly bias but still :)

go for it mate, have an attempt and see what it looks like

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Mk2 TT 2.0TDi 170?

Mk5 GT 170

Golf Mk6 GTD

2005 Polo GT (pd130)

Sporty, quick, definitely not race cars but you can have fun in ANY of the above.

Rusty Cup
I dont like it because its different. I like things that are the same. Things that are not the same i do not like. I dont think i could be any clearer on this issue. This whole Diesel Sport thing has left me feeling intangibly convoluted.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
I need a dCi Sport badge, if your putting one on a dCi80.

Bit of a daft idea, but each to their own IMO.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
M550xd? 3 litre diesel, Tri-turbo'd, 380hp and 750Nm isn't sporty enough!?

Nope. Great GT car but it's certainly no M Car.

I wouldn't consider any diesel a driver's car. For the exact reason it's a diesel.

Even in a great chassis, I just find them dull. And I've driven a 335d fairly frequently. It's quick but it's not fun. Just efficient at doing what it does.

DCi 80 DieselSport
^ Great shop....but it's not quite right (Plus RSD is short for Relative Standard Deviation which is something I use everyday).

Getting there though....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
M550xd? 3 litre diesel, Tri-turbo'd, 380hp and 750Nm isn't sporty enough!?

It performs incredibly, but it will never be as sport as a petrol version (Ie the M5) is the point.

I think fast diesels are fun, but id rather go the other way, ie disguising its a diesel, or badging up as a diesel.

Theres an 03 RS6 Avant round here badged up as TDI :)

DCi 80 DieselSport
I'm not badging up, I'm not badging down, I'm not saying it's more/less than it is, I just thought it'd be a nice touch.

All this chat about "are diesels sporty" is irrelevant and perhaps needs discussing elsewhere.

To all putting forward suggestions...thank you.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Any one saying you cant have a sporty diesel. Why are BMW realeasing a BMW M5D?

Nope. Great GT car but it's certainly no M Car.

I wouldn't consider any diesel a driver's car. For the exact reason it's a diesel.

Even in a great chassis, I just find them dull. And I've driven a 335d fairly frequently. It's quick but it's not fun. Just efficient at doing what it does.

There you go. The car's not developed by the M Div. by the way, hence the name. M550dxDrive, rather than M5d.