ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Different sized tyres

A well built VW
Will it make much dfference if you have 35 profile tyres on the front and say 40 profile tyres on the back ?

Will it affect things like traction control etc....

Its for a mates mate

It shouldn't do to any great extent, but I have heard that some of the volvos that run stupidly complex 4wd systems don't like it if you run one worn set on one end and a fresh set on the other, so it *might* be a problem, but I doubt it tbh.

Just make sure he doesn't mix profiles on the same axle! :dead: lol

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I'd have thought that since they compare wheel rotational rates the traction control and the ESP would be very unhappy at significantly different rolling diameter tyres. The question is how much different they've got to be before the computer thinks there's a problem.

Clio mk1 1.2
my tyres are gettin replaced on friday (front 2) i have 50 profile on the 15s atm am considering going 40, would this alter the handling of the car it is not lowered yet either, the rear tyres still have loads of tread