ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do mobiles have a warranty??

Flame Red 172
Does anyone know if phones have a warranty. I have a Sony Ericsson K810i and the joystick has today decided to not go down at all, it has been on and off broken for about 3 months now, but normally decides to start working again. it is about 8 months old. Anyone know or got any experience with taking it back (its on Orange) and getting it sent off to be fixed? Or will they just try blame it on me?

Cheers if anyone can help.

Alfa GT
I'd imagine it would have a manufacturer's warranty of at least 12 months. Best thing to do would be just phone them or visit the orange shop?

Flame Red 172
Yeah i thought so, will take it in at the weekend, just didnt wanna go in and they be like nah they dont have any warranty, blah, blah. A mate said phones dont have any warranty. Cheers!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
12 month warranty on the actual phone (think that includes battery as well) but only 6 months warranty on accessories in pack such as charger etc.

MINI Cooper S
They should replace it, all electrical goods have at least 1 year warranty, but be careful because you will probably have some spotty teenager working in the orange shop saying that you have damaged it and there is nothing they can do, you should of had orange insurance... do you want to buy a new phone and get insurance on it? (£££££ commission!)

SLK250 CDI
Some nokias now come with 2 years i think.

But the battery only covered for 3 months according to the Nokia Indian when I rang because the battery in one of my phones had died.

Orange won't be interested unless you have insurance on your phone. Either go direct to Sony Ericsson or one of their service centres, or to the retailer where you bought the phone (who may not be interested either).

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If you're still in warranty you can go to any repair centre to get it fixed. CPW are pretty good at fixes. Just take your proof of purchase to show its still under warranty. They wont refuse you.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
EU law means all phones from mid 2006 have a 24 month warranty.