ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you flash......

M140i/Orange 182
ermmm i can say i dont! if i know its someone from here or, they flash me then yea i would! :)

LY V6 with Recaros
I did at first but stopped after getting weird looks! I'd only do it if they flashed me first, or if I knew it was definitely someone off here

Abarth 500
I always used to flash when I had the Cup but mainly got confused looks back again!

I tried it when I got my Astra but had to give the lights a break in the end - there are just far too many Vauxhalls on the road :dapprove:

Megane Trophy
I just put a sly hand up,

if they acknowledge then thats cool

if they dont see my hand then i dont look a tit

ha ha ha

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
never really see any others about!!! but today parked up (miles from anyone else) at the retail park as I always do, came back to my cup and a monaco blue 172 was parked right next to me.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I open my window and stick my head fully out while driving! I then do some random shouting etc while at this point almost standing up hanging out the car... Foot on the go faster pedal of course. Works great :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
Can't say I've ever flashed the lights at another RS owner. I find the flash system rubbish on my 172 as it's impossible to do a quick flash of the lights, you've got to turn main beam on then off again, are they all like that? My mum's 1.2 clio isn't like this.

If anyone in a Clio flashed or waved at me then I'd do so in return :)

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
sneeks said:
Can't say I've ever flashed the lights at another RS owner. I find the flash system rubbish on my 172 as it's impossible to do a quick flash of the lights, you've got to turn main beam on then off again, are they all like that? My mum's 1.2 clio isn't like this.

If anyone in a Clio flashed or waved at me then I'd do so in return :)

no you don't just pull the stalk towards you ;)

Tom

mk1 phase 3
im not so privelaged to be a renault sport owner :(

but i flash if i see a v6, valver or williams.

a williams parked right next to me in tesco's once, waited for a chat but got fed up of waiting!

and every1 i flash gives i weird response!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Tom, pulling the stalk towards me puts the main beam on, I can't do a single quick flash doing that.

Unless I'm missing something really obvious :D

BMW M3 - For Sale!
sneeks said:
Tom, pulling the stalk towards me puts the main beam on, I can't do a single quick flash doing that.

Unless I'm missing something really obvious :D

mine does that too! (MK1 1994 RT though)

Citroen DS3 DSport
BradRT said:
mine does that too! (MK1 1994 RT though)
Curiosity got the better of me and I went and checked. I've discovered that I can do a proper quick flash of the lights so long as I do not use auto headlights, when not using these the light stalk needs to be pulled back to a 2nd position where it clicks into place. When using auto headlights the main beam comes on with one small movement of the stalk.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
have done for a while, flashed at a clio trophy friday in bedminster but just got a empty stare from the driver!

Ziel Nurburgring
No, and i never would. Flashing and tooting is reserved for classic cars, you can just about get away with it a Williams due its cool old school factor.

If its not a Real Mini, Morris Minor, Real Bug or Camper etc dont bother. Its ghey!

fat 182
^^^^
what do you want me to flash at you phill?
think i saw you the other day on the north walsham road the other day but i was in my volvo hire car

MK2 Clio V6 255
Yeah give em a quick flash and nod..... Most of the time peeps aint got a clue but occassionally someone knows the crack!!!;)

Black Gold 182
dazraffan said:
^^^^
what do you want me to flash at you phill?
think i saw you the other day on the north walsham road the other day but i was in my volvo hire car

yeah go for it!!! have a coupld of mates who live around that area so must have been me!

Vee dub
Thomss said:
I open my window and stick my head fully out while driving! I then do some random shouting etc while at this point almost standing up hanging out the car... Foot on the go faster pedal of course. Works great :D

pmsl

always had valver and willy owners wave or flash.... :approve: