ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door handles

Im after fitting some flush door handles to my clio. A bit like vauxhall cavalier ones as ive lost the door locks and i wanted to fit some flush fit ones to try and keep a nice smooth look to the side of the car. I was just woundering if anyone has done this to there car or seen it done to a clio ? And if so what handles did they use. many thanks

P carr

No i want to keep the handles i just want to fit some more discret ones and colour coad them. I thought someone mite have hade the same idea and done it before?

Yeah you can buy audi 80 handle plates I think they are around £100 and need to be welded into the door where the old one is removed. They look very good when colour coded.

The thing is on golfs etc the door is pretty flat so its straight forward to do. But on a clio doesnt the dorr bend out slightly? (Cant remember without looking)

Might make it a bit more difficult to do but would look very good and original.

Out of interest how much did it cost you to have the doors de-locked?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

A cheaper one is to use the flush rover ones should be about £20 each. Like ben said they need cutting out the welding in.

I was thinking of totally delocking my car and removing the passenger door handle all together. Then flushing the boot.

The old problem of what if the battery dies worries me too much though.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

same problem with me ben think I am gona delock and have the flush handels fitted then debadge and wiper the boot. So if all fails i can still clamber in through the boot.

I am de-locking and de-handling my whole car, all you need do is set up an exterior jumping point, there are proper kits but all you really need is some wire from the battery terminal which is accessibile from outside the car, such as under the front bumper, make sure that it is away from the elements and you will be fine.

Also I am putting a spare battery for my alarm somewhere hidden away, but accesibile if needed, and just to make sure I am going to buy a spare, rear side window, and keep it at home, then if I am well and truely locked out then I will smash the glass and have a replacemnt at home!!