ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door open!!??

White Evo V
My door open light constantly stays on aswell as the interior light and boot light! annoying! What could it be, any common problems? With the boot light on I thought it might be something to do with the boot, or does this come on with the interior light when a door is opened?

I started looking at the under bonnet pin because I thought it might be that but then I broke it so how do I loop this up so it cancels it out, then I can find the real problem!!!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Tape the bonnet pin up tight so it's fooled into thinking it's closed.
Have either of your doors been pushed open too far? If so it could mean the hinge is slightly bent thus not making a proper contact?
That'd be my best guess?!

White Evo V
Tape the bonnet pin up tight so it's fooled into thinking it's closed.
Have either of your doors been pushed open too far? If so it could mean the hinge is slightly bent thus not making a proper contact?
That'd be my best guess?!

If you push the door buttons in then the light still doesnt go off so am I right in pretty much ruling out the doors? The connections on the back of the door buttons are fine too.

The bonnet pin is totally fvcked so I cant put it back on! Isnt there someway of looping it so it thinks the bonnets always shut? Join the wires together or something?

Where is the connector for the boot? Im guessing its something to do with the catch as I cant see any buttons or pins etc....

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
there is a little pin on the boot somewhere think its on the actual tailgate ??

the door ones are the usual culprits i know three non sport clios which have all had them go!

didnt think the bonnet being open makes the interior light go on tho...

White Evo V
there is a little pin on the boot somewhere think its on the actual tailgate ??

the door ones are the usual culprits i know three non sport clios which have all had them go!

didnt think the bonnet being open makes the interior light go on tho...

The bonnet pin probably doesnt make the interior light come on, but will the door open light on the dash still come on?

What was wrong with the other clios door buttons? did they fix it or just buy new ones?

And does the boot light come on when you open a door, if so its prob the doors, if not its gotta be the boot!

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
door pins was scrap yard job - really easy fix

yes i think the boot light does come on when a door is open - you know the simple way of checking tho ;)

dont think bonnet being open will do anything other than make your alarm warning noise go off if you lock it and leave the bonnet open or if the pin is broke so it thinks its open

White Evo V
door pins was scrap yard job - really easy fix

yes i think the boot light does come on when a door is open - you know the simple way of checking tho ;)

dont think bonnet being open will do anything other than make your alarm warning noise go off if you lock it and leave the bonnet open or if the pin is broke so it thinks its open

Ah right, Well I have the factory alarm anyway so il just snip the wires and get shut of the bonnet pin wires! Tidy it up!

Thanks for that I will go and get some new door buttons from the scrappers tomorrow! Il let you know the outcome :)

White Evo V
Bought some new door buttons - it wasnt them! I took the interior panel off the tailgate and disconnected a plug which went into the catch, light went off! Works fine now! Must be a faulty electrical part in the catch! Just left it unplugged and put the trim back on! Sorted! :D