ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Pillar Covers

Inferno 182
Hi, I did some photshopping and have decided I want some door pillar covers.

Is there anywhere else that does them apart from K-Tec Racing? Their`s dont seem to fit as good as I`d like as I dont want the paint showing on the edges.

Before

orange.jpg

After

clio182b2.jpg

K-tec Is ok but I dont want the paint showing round the edges.

carbon_pillars_11.jpg

If you know of any places please let me know.

Cheers

Jason

Chocolate Bar™
i know a guy that seels sheets of self adhesvie carbon in whatever colour type etc you want. Make some paper templates yourself and then just cut out the shape with a pair of scissors.

http://www.stewartsf1.com/

Inferno 182
Cheers, Im gonna try a numplate/sign making company on friday and see what he says. Im sure they do a carbon fiber effect and the plotter should do a neater job than my cutting out.

If the sign company is no good, Ill see if I can get a template made up and if that looks ok , ill give it a go with that link you gave.

Cheers bud.

RB 182 with CUP packs
Cheers, Im gonna try a numplate/sign making company on friday and see what he says. Im sure they do a carbon fiber effect and the plotter should do a neater job than my cutting out.

If the sign company is no good, Ill see if I can get a template made up and if that looks ok , ill give it a go with that link you gave.

Cheers bud.

Let me know your result if you don't mind please fella.

Good luck ;)

RB 182 with CUP packs

Cheers bud.

Let me know your result if you don't mind please fella.

Good luck ;)

Inferno 182
Yeah I cut them myself. It was my first attempt and they have a couple of bubbles but ill do them all again once the weathers better.

I want to do something similar to hide a nasty pillar dent - luckily my car is black so don't have to worry about perfect alignment.

Inferno 182
Mates rates?

Id suggest buying the vinyal from ebay and having ago your self as its not that hard.

Id be happy to do other peoples cars if they`ve got the vinyal. I know where I went wrong with mine so hopefully I wont get any bubbles the next time I do mine again. They do look pretty good in the flesh though so they can stay on for the time being:D

Inferno 182
lol :lolup:

Theres a great sign writing place in Kingswinford (Sure Signs) They did my Celica and impreza and did a top job. I was hoping theyd do the door pillars for me but they were busy. They did give me the material for free to have ago myself which seemed to have worked.

At the top of the page 2nd pic down, "After" is what I did using photoshp to get an idea of what it would look like. I think the actual finished result is quite close to the photoshop versison;)

Ive a new camera now so Ill try on in the day when Ive washed the car:eek: