ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door solenoids!

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
Alright guys, have my car booked in for the fateful MOT a week on Thursday and so have to fix mydrivers door. It has door poppers on it as its been smoothed with a concealed button under the wingmirror. It fails to open however as it used to and requires a good thump and pop or being opene from the oter side to work so i need to get it fixed.

A pal recommended 'tightening the bolts' inside the kit so i took off the door panel to find no form of bolts and a solenoid that appears to work as it should when the button is pushed?

Do you guys reckon its the catching mechanism on the door or faulty solenoid thats causingmy problems?

Cheers guys! Simon

You could just get some foam stuff around the door surround - should still be able to shut the door perfectly fine but the extra 'pressure' it causes might push the door open on its own when you pop the solenoid :)

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
You could just get some foam stuff around the door surround - should still be able to shut the door perfectly fine but the extra 'pressure' it causes might push the door open on its own when you pop the solenoid :)

Foam stuff?? where can i buy this stuff buddy - and does it have a name?

Cheers Simon

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
What strenght are are your poppers.

the solenoid only opens the latch, They pop off the door seals. Well mine did.

I had a spring mounted in the rubber that popped them out very nicely. No idea how it was done or what it looked like as the bodyshop did it and it was concealed.

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
a spring?? it sounds genius! so u reckon suction in the seals may be whats giving me bother?? Cheer Simon