ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Double din headunit - advice

E39 530i
Hi guys,

Looking into getting a double din (if thats what there called) headunit for my megane 225. After one that pretty much does it all, mp3,dvd,usb connection, screen, sat nav. but dnt want to pay stupid money, can anyone point me in the right place or lend some advice please.

I'm looking at the same things just now, either a double din or an iPod hook up, and hoping to get the Pioneer Avic f910bt.

Matt - I tried to get my old head unit out this weekend but I can't! :(

justin maybe this link will help a bit for you?

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Gallardo_Repairs_Navigation.htm

EDIT: did you use these keys?
Radio%20Removal%20Tool.jpg

Matt, thats awesome thanks. How complicated is that! :eek:

The keys we like the ones in Fig23, but were part of a set, bit like a swiss army knife.

yep there the ones,would yours not click in place?it should be the little recess bit pointing towards the outer edge of the unit closest if that makes sense.

matt

Yeah they clicked in, but when I pulled them out, they unclicked and the keys came out.. Tried pulling it out various different ways, beginning to think it's welded in! Lol..

for that price you wont get 1 including satnav unless you look at 2nd hand.

beat do the 600 with all but satnav

200 FF Storm Grey
I'd suggest going second hand and getting a decent bit of kit, for something brand new and half decent its big money