ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downloads/Speedtests

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
OK, I have broadband through orange, mainly because its allegedly uncapped, and half price (as I have orange mobile)

Now, lately, it just seems s**t slow. All the time. Crashing out etc etc. I have to leave uTorrent open allnight, sometimes over a few days just to get a few films (yes, i know, depends on the seeders).

But, just done a speed test and got these results:

speedtest.gif

My uTorrent tonight, looks like this:

torrent.gif

0%, yet lots of seeders.

Are Orange f**king me over and capping me before midnight? I know next to **** all about PCs and stuff

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
supposed to be "8mg"

just used that one you put up and got D/L: 4128kbps and u/L: 344kbps

I imagine Orange reduce speeds on torrents due to some FUP or traffic shaping. Go for a Rapidshare account for downloading stuff.

TGhere is a number of things you can do, which will provide privacy and/or stop them reducing your speed on torrents -

Changed the ports that your torrent client runs through and open these on your firewall.
Run through a proxy/VPN.
Encrypt your connection.
Change DNS (Google has some good free ones).

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
TGhere is a number of things you can do, which will provide privacy and/or stop them reducing your speed on torrents -

Changed the ports that your torrent client runs through and open these on your firewall.
Run through a proxy/VPN.
Encrypt your connection.
Change DNS (Google has some good free ones).

ALL of this................. straight over my head!!!

lool!

Find your router on this site and follow the guide.

http://portforward.com/

Althought I wouldn't be surprised if it makes no difference as traffic shaping equipment has moved on alot and can detect on any port now.

Click the link I posted above(#7) and see if that's as slow. That will give you an idea if they are only throttling p2p traffic or if all traffic is being hit.

WRX
Think you'll find that the more you download, the slower your spped gets because the provider then gives priority to other local users as they use less. Total joke IMO but that's what I was told by Sky. Haven't downloaded much recently and it does seem to have improved.