ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drying your car

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sonus der wonder waffle weave towel and synthetic detailer from chem guys or last touch from Megs

106 GTi
Sonus Drying towels with Last Touch quick detailer here too.

Last edited:

could i use megs quick detailer spray rich? what is the advantage of using last touch stuff?

i tend to use the der wunder towel but just on its own, and have already got a few minor marks on the paintwork after the PC session over xmas :(

jamie

106 GTi

could i use megs quick detailer spray rich? what is the advantage of using last touch stuff?

i tend to use the der wunder towel but just on its own, and have already got a few minor marks on the paintwork after the PC session over xmas :(

jamie

Last Touch can be purchased cheaply ( 1 US gallon - about 3 litres ) for 18 quid, so cheap enough to spray all over wet panels when you dry. Using the noraml stuff would mean getting through lots of bottles.

The Last Touch can be watered down 50/50 with water for claying and drying so it goes further. Just cost effective TBH.

Also looks good.

I washed this 172 earlier, dried it using Last Touch and it looked nice.

IMG_5249.jpg

but will it make any difference to me drying it? ie will it protect against swirls that little bit more by lubricating?

jamie

106 GTi
Dee may have a reciept with the car.

If not PM butch172 on here, that is who the car was purchased and we collected it from today.

106 GTi
I also tend to get the water of the best I can with the drying towel, I dont worry to much about all the drips/runs etc, I get these with a ultra plush micropak MF towel after.

yeah i usually get it dried as best as poss, then go for a quick pootle up my drive round a carpark to get rid of water out of places i cant reach then come home and quick detail it.

cheers for the info on the megs stuff rich, gonna get another wash mitt and some other bits on my next buy from autopia

jamie

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I'm using Aquatouch waffle weave microfibre drying towel at the moment.

Bought on here from Serious_Performance in the lambswool washmitt group buy.

Well impressed up to yet. Do the whole car easy without wringing it out.

Mito Sportiva 135
Aquablade to get the worst off (making sure to rinse it first to get any grit off that could be on there) then waffle weave towel with megs QD for me.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
or if u really clever get rainwater from the water butt!and then u dnt have to worrie about water marks just leave it!:cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
or if u really clever get rainwater from the water butt!and then u dnt have to worrie about water marks just leave it!:cool:

Yeh I have seen those ionised water systems in use, look pretty good if you are working in volume. Damn calcium!!:rasp:

Can't remember what make my waffle weave drying towel is but its blue lol, it also happens to be one of the most useful and therefore one of the best detailing products I've ever bought.

Lionel Richie
i drive down the M40 at 140, that drys it out a treat!

Didn't think the Clio diesel went that fast.;) When was the last time you washed the diesel or the vee?:rasp:

the diesel never gets washed! (i used WD40 to get the caked on diesel off from round the filler cap)

i used to take the vee to the local jet wash, i don't know what chemical or whatever is in that machine, but the "spot free finish" (deionised water i guess) works SO well!! quick blast down the M40 and its as if i'd spent a few hours polishing it

ST
Sonus der wunder microfiber towels with Chemical Guys synthetic QD tho going to try megs last touch when the better weather comes..

ST
Well i've only tried last touch once when a mate brought it round as he'd been using it on black 330ci and was going how good it was...so i can't really say what i prefer between the two..

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ultimately i would love an airline in the garage to blow all the last bits of water away,Until then i just go round the car with kitchen roll in all the seems and bits to draw it out.,

ian