ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Edition 38 2011.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well, another year and another awesome show. My camera only reached the showground on the saturday, but tbh this show always has more of a festival vibe and is as much about the campsite banter as it is the awesome cars.

6112942551_fcabee82f5_z.jpg

DSC_0102 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112947253_d63433ca68_z.jpg

DSC_0106 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113494688_ce18daed34_z.jpg

DSC_0120 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112955729_43851f1005_z.jpg

DSC_0125 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113502318_8bf5ac39c3_z.jpg

DSC_0123 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112962541_bf6dbcc7e2_z.jpg

DSC_0132 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112964561_096c21c52d_z.jpg

DSC_0133 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113511098_92f89afaa5_z.jpg

DSC_0137 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112971413_4cdd3bba8e_z.jpg

DSC_0145 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112973427_6bcf549e16_z.jpg

DSC_0143 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112979079_bab03640c3_z.jpg

DSC_0148 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113472858_f97cc23091_z.jpg

mk1blue by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113520646_58a86dd590_z.jpg

DSC_0144 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113478390_4b1f10a42f_z.jpg

iroc by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113476074_a0d0d75970_z.jpg

bluebora by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112981439_dda60b9a03_z.jpg

DSC_0150 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112984595_56acd384e8_z.jpg

DSC_0154 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113531392_cbbb700ebe_z.jpg

DSC_0157 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113534050_e8b24d5a4f_z.jpg

DSC_0156 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112993891_781343bba4_z.jpg

DSC_0160 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113540076_9ede91a9d3_z.jpg

DSC_0170 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6112997977_8b4af7957a_z.jpg

DSC_0177 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113543992_05d482ce57_z.jpg

DSC_0183 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113548038_697072e47e_z.jpg

DSC_0185 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113550284_12a10d19a2_z.jpg

DSC_0189 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113556964_f3181bc879_z.jpg

DSC_0248 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

6113569206_fe75cccf3b_z.jpg

DSC_0265 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Awesome weekend as ever. Was pissed my car didn't make it but got a lift with my mate in his red T5 van (Pictured above).

http://www.lowlifeuk.com/automotive/edition38-2011/

More stuff there.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Was an awsome weekend. So many funny people. Shame a few got carried away trying to impress others with hand brake turns. One of which ended in writing off some poor sods Polo innocently parked up next to us. I had the opportunity to go Trax but the car quality here is chalk and cheese.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Was an awsome weekend. So many funny people. Shame a few got carried away trying to impress others with hand brake turns. One of which ended in writing off some poor sods Polo innocently parked up next to us. I had the opportunity to go Trax but the car quality here is chalk and cheese.

No way?! I didn't even hear about that. Only that guy that got his keys snapped off in the ignition of his A3 by security.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Yeah, was right next to my brother car so that was soon moved. I did hear about the Audi. Apparently, from what I heard, it was very uncalled for. Needless to say, I'd have kicked two buckets out of the tosser who did it. (lets face it, the security guards were a bit dim).

Disastra Coupe
Trax didn't have folk's doing handbrake turn's... E38 sounds right chavvy :rasp:

Nah, some smart car's. I'm not a huge VW fan tbf but some of them look pretty nice. Saw load's of Beetle's and Camper's on the m1 yesterday. Look cool but like feck would i want to own something like that lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It was right by my camp where they were doing burnouts and stuff, was hilarious. He didn't see that security had come over and just dropped it and did a huge burnout.

6113022913_fe838939a9_z.jpg

DSC_0259 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

The crowd you see in my last picture is the same crowd that was lined up heckling cars as they drove past. All swarmed on the car. "LETS ALL RUN THIS WAY BECAUSE WE'RE f**kING IDIOTS!" and "f**k, SOMEONE DROPPED A QUID SCRAMBLEEESSS!" Were two fantastic shouts during this. FLOL!

There's a video on the blog.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
OMG, I want to punch the guy in the A3. What a c**t, hope he did get chucked out. Did FLOL at "REV IT!!" as he pulls away at the end, though.

It's nowhere near as bad as USC. As I say I had no trouble all weekend, everyone I met was a legend.

1eight2
I went to Edition 38 a few years ago, great weekend but weekend after Leeds meant I had to spend most of it intoxicated so didn't get to see much of the cars.

Agree with the guy above, that A3 owner looks like a right dick!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the cars look nice, they're all just...the same? Like silvervisions and turinis, but on a VAG. As for the crowd, there seemed to be a lot of "hoods up" activity, and the A3 driver deserved to get his key snapped by the looks of things.

You didn't even come say hello... you mk1 bailing b*****d ;)

On another note I spotted your bora whilst getting beached on the way out.

Nice pics but non of mine :(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You didn't even come say hello... you mk1 bailing b*****d ;)

On another note I spotted your bora whilst getting beached on the way out.

Nice pics but non of mine :(

I know! No camera on sunday and I didn't see anyone around your car :( My bad. YOU SAW MY BORA? I THINK I MAY CRY :(. Still got the same wheels and stuff?!?

A show full of c**ts and s**t cars. Much like every other modified car show, just with VAGs and their scene c**ts.
You're a c**t. c**t. Regac**t iirc.

P.S

RREEEVVV ITTT!!!!

You'll all be doing the A4 shower next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, because that's all we did all weekend. I for one punched a security guard in the face and stole his anal virginity.

Have you ever been? No, then your opinion is invalid. I'd probably hold the same opinion if I believed what I read online. If you go to reading festival and leave a guitar out in the open, chances are it'd get nicked. Some guy did this at Edition and suddenly it's the fault of the show. f**k off! Lock your stuff in your car, that's what it's there for. I did, and nothing got taken. I also never had any problems, didn't witness any c***s EXCEPT FOR the guy in that A3.

I've been twice now and each time I've met awesome people, had an amazing time and spent the next month or so having post ED38 blues.

My mate woke up to some kid in his tent rifling through all his gear. Phone & Wallet, gone.

Why would I want to go anyway. I dislike the VAG scene, I don't particularly like shows anyway.

You yourself have already put in this thread that a big group were heckling on the way into the show. Is that not the behaviour of a group of c**ts? Did I actually call you a c**t and say you went around causing hassle?

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
A show full of c**ts and s**t cars. Much like every other modified car show, just with VAGs and their scene c**ts.

I wouldn't call you a c**t fella by anymeans but what you wrote about edition is utter crap and I'm no "dubber". I've never been to such an event and met so many like minded decent people. All there for a good time, excellent show cars and good music, hence the steep single day entry fee. On the other hand, when i've been to FCS, Trax, Japfest, etc etc its quite clear the amount of scabs and their accompaning dogs are 10 to 1 of normal decent people.

If your mate found somebody turfing his tent out and managed to still lose his wallet then he must me a complete fag for not getting the stuff back or giving them a good hiding, just my opinion mate.

Aye must be a Fag for waking up and somebody running out of his tent. Didn't realise people were 100% functioning when they've just woken.

My opinion may be crap, I haven't once said other shows are any better though. I don't like the scene associated with this show at all. I don't see how anyone can deny the snobbery in the dub scene, and some of the related behaviour towards others. That is why I have the opinion that a lot of the people there are c***s, an opinion based from time spent on various forums that have a vested interest in that scene. Then I read about a gang of hecklers and watch the video (both posted by Jason) that doesn't help at all. A minority they may be, but it's this s**t people see first.

I love drifting, but you'll be glad to know I think a lot of people in that scene are utter c***s too.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The heckling thing was good banter. Granted the A3 took it far but oh well, he got his key snapped. His lost.

YA BROKE MA KEEYYYYY!!!

As said, there are loads of people there. A lot are very open minded etc and will have good banter. Except if you have a Vauxhall, but then there is no excuse. Either way there was some real nice JDM metal there this year much like last. Okay it wasn't right in the show ground but that's because it is a vag scene show.

Either way, I and everyone I know and everyone I met was loving it. Awesome atmosphere and great banter was had.

DB.

BMW 440i
Looks like it could be a good show if you avoid the chariness aspect.

May go next year now I have gone German!

Looks good, and some cracking cars too. Shame I'm not really into the German scene, it's all the same!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's all about the detail with these cars. Some of the work that goes into them is unseen unless you're an enthusiast. Whatever floats ya boat I guess!

I went to Ultimate Dubs or something in Telford (I don't even know why) and liked it, but 90% of cars there had Rotiforms. I appreciate a well-done one though but I guess it's difficult to be entirely original.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
85% probably had fake Rotiforms to be fair. There were plenty of fakes at edition this year. As said above, its all in the detail. Lads who have huge negeative camber, stickers all over there cars and rusty old steel wheel really don't take them selves seriously. They are just in it for a laugh. At the end of the day, everyone I know who went loved it and the "gang" was litteraly people having a good bit of banter. No different to crowds you'd expect to see on a LeMans weekend egging Ferrari's, lambos, etc etc to rev up and spin the wheels.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Exactly. It's all good banter, just a bit of a laugh. I'm bored of rotiforms, and UD should have been called Ultimate Rotiforms, it's getting silly now.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
gutted i missed this. went last year and can say every one i met were top folk, and yes you heard bad bits etc, but bay far aint as bad as non vag shows. i actually prefer ed38 was far by the best i had been to. relaxed atmosphere and every one game for a laugh.

as for roti's i like, but then im bored of seeing bbs on every thing ;)

Ph1 172 & Audi S4
Some of my very good close mates organise this show and I've helped out for the past 3 years and am part of the "crew" as it's called.

The videos that have been posted above show a small minority of people that were doing the chavvy wheel spins etc... In the campsite which is not what the shows about. This was quickly dispersed by the on site security.

Yes there has been some incidents over the years but unfortunatly this is almost impossible to eradicate with the amount of people that show up. Each year the show, organisation and general security etc... Improoves the shows organisers have met with the security team today to discuss plans for next year already including better lighting and patrols in the camping fields as well as fixed security points.
The weekend is an awesome experience with many non-dubbers showing up year in year out

Yes some of the cars won't be to every ones taste but the true trophy winning show cars are about the attention to detail and workmanship rather than full on in your face modifications!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Here here! And congratulations on another great show this year.

What you say is 100% right. It's like this forum, there are some good lads on here up for a laugh I get on with. Then again, there are some right c***s. But then again there are quite a lot of people on here. Same goes for ED38, however luckily it's a small minority.