ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Email address

White APE
I'm wanting to set up a new email account and just wondered who people use? I have always used hotmail since I was a kid and wondered what else there was out there.

Not sure why but I've never liked the whole hotmail part when giving my address to people.

Cheers

If you're happy to spend money, buy your own domain, then move it to Gmail.

£3-£6 per year for a domain.

I've used my own domain(s) for 4/5 years.

You can create as many alias as you like, which is a safe option for signing up to websites (use alias account for signup to websites/forums/bank, then use the primary/parent address to sign into webmail). Means if someone wanted to access your email account using alias@, they would get no where.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I use hotmail and Gmail.

Used hotmail for years. Seem to be getting alot of spam mail over the laat few weeks which is annoying but i dont know if thats to do with hotmail or maybe some rubbish i signed up to!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

You can create as many alias as you like, which is a safe option for signing up to websites (use alias account for signup to websites/forums/bank, then use the primary/parent address to sign into webmail).

​We do this for Cliosport e-mail. My personal e-mail address is Gmail and wouldn't use anything else.

White APE

You can create as many alias as you like, which is a safe option for signing up to websites (use alias account for signup to websites/forums/bank, then use the primary/parent address to sign into webmail). Means if someone wanted to access your email account using alias@, they would get no where.

Sounds good but I have no idea where to begin with that though!

Might give gmail a go.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I used to use Hotmail. Till one day I tried to send an email... It was blocked for sending spam email, (Id never sent an Email from it in my entire time using it!) Tired to unblock it and it wouldnt let me do it so moved to Gmail.. Glad I did, FAR better..

I use gmail for practically everything.

nifty trick - if your email address is billybob@gmail.com, you can use billybob+cliosport@gmail.com as an alternative email address; so you can essentially have an infinite amount of email addresses from one account.
It used to automatically create a ClioSport folder and put all received emails in it, but it doesn't seem to anymore. Still useful though.

I still use Hotmail like I always have, however I got a really good e-mail address so I don't think I'll ever change it. It ends in @live.**