ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emmisions light help

b/g 182, meg tourer
my car has failed to start a couple of times in the past, and has also gone into 'limp mode' a couple of times in the last 4 months.
the emmisions light is on and i have a code reader and have deleted the fault. the light has come back on again. deleted it again, within a few mins of driving it came back on again. the car seems to be driving fine.
i was just wondering if it was a lambada sensor or something more? what needs to be done?

the fault on the code reader read:

fault 01
N/A 01/01

DTC 01
I/M NO

any idea what this means?
cheers

b/g 182, meg tourer
a few people have said it could be the cat. is there any way of testing if the cat has gone? the car doesn't seem to be any lumpier, it doesn't really seem any louder (although it does sound like i have a slight leak somewhere), and it doesn't smell any more than usual tbh.

106 GTI
usually makes a funny noise if the cat has collapsed
could be the lamda thats failed

b/g 182, meg tourer
usually makes a funny noise if the cat has collapsed
could be the lamda thats failed

what kind of funny noise? just loud like a decat or strange swirling noises due to honeycomb section being broken?
mine does sound pretty normal tbh. i will probably imagine noises now tho.lol.

106 GTI
well usually they get louder and have a rasp to the exhaust note

Have you got under the car and hit it to see if it rattles?

b/g 182, meg tourer
well usually they get louder and have a rasp to the exhaust note

Have you got under the car and hit it to see if it rattles?

i had a very quick look under there earlier. everything seems to be fine and nothing rattling inside the cat.
its just strange that the light keeps coming on :(

b/g 182, meg tourer
ok, cheers.
i just didn't want to throw money at it if it wasn't the problem. car has cost me a fortune just lately.