ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

erratic idle and slight overheat..

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
hey guys, i've had a little problem with my clio for a while now. it overheats slightly, where the temp gauge used to sit perfectly it now gets a little high, will drop down and then rise again, never staying put. it doesn't get dangerously high, but after a long journey it won't restart till cool. it's coincided with a dodgy wobbling idle, which is constant, from the moment you turn the key. again, this was perfect before hand. the engine managment light is on, but no other warning lights, i've had it on a code reader, but there are apparently no fault codes?
i've changed literally every part of the cooling system, but it's not related, even wiring the fan to constantly run didn't affect the temp readings. i think the idle may be related, and perhaps a sensor isn't working right, but i don't know what!
it's a 1.4 16v mk2 ph1.
any ideas? :D