ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Experiences of switching from SMT-6 to a Gp N or RS remap?

Clio 172 Cup
I've had my Cup since 2006, and it had already been lightly tweaked by GDI, courtesy of the previous owner (John Brewster/Redditch). Sensible mods and the main reason why I went for this motor.

It has the GDI Viper inlet package, manifold matching, sports cat and an SMT-6 chip.

I use the car primarily for hillclimbs (+ shopping trips) and it will do mid-48s at Wiscombe Park on Kumho V70s.

My question is, would it now make sense to remove the chip and get an RS remap? Would this suit the existing mods better? Improved torque and even power delivery throughout the rev range are most important to me.

Cheers
Dan

p.s. CS membership - great forum & best £10 I spent in a long while (most recently, a great set of Oz F1s from Ant ;))

ITB'd MK1
Talk to Andy at K-tec. He will have fitted the SMT-6 way back before proper access was possible to the stock ECU. He'll be able to reverse the wiring very easily and do you a custom re-map of the stock ecu

Clio 172 Cup
hi Dan, are you in Class A3? I also hillclimb a 172 Cup & my local venue is Wiscombe, I'm running a fraction over 50sec on Toyo T1-Rs, should be on Kumhos or R888s for next season hopefully as well as manifold matching & a re-map. Be great to race against another Cup!

Clio 172 Cup
Nice one. Yup - A3 - it looks like you'll wee on my times once you get hold of the softer compound rubber :) Gotta say it will give you at least 1.5 sec. Not bad over 1/2 mile. I'm hoping to do more events in 2011 as I've taken an enforced sabbatical this year due to a house extension. I'll look out for you!