ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Experimenting with a tripod....

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just got a tripod, and playing about with it really. Would love some C+C over the next few days on my shots.

Only one this evening. Not sure if I like it at all :S

4196251814_29ce8f657c_b.jpg

Cupra
Constructive criticism...

I would steer clear of ISO1600. Long exposures give noise anyway, and ISO1600 on the D40 is also pushing it (IMHO).

The exposure is not balanced, you have blown out the lights, and have hardly any surroundings exposed. Avoid shooting into bright light directly (headlights).

The same shot with a longer exposure and only the tail lights would have probably worked a lot better.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye, I was waiting in the -2 for ages but everyone was always coming towards me was a pain!

Thanks for the settings advice. Will give it a pop when I'm out next! I've got the exposure as low as possible tbh. So I guess I will have to focus on tail lights or do a M'Way shot :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've just moved to the village next to J10 on the M40. Was going to set up a slow shutter at the entrance to that or something. I always feel like a nerd out with my camera :eek:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've just moved to the village next to J10 on the M40. Was going to set up a slow shutter at the entrance to that or something. I always feel like a nerd out with my camera :eek:

Agree with that, its what puts me off going out and setting up tbh.

Motorbikes
Another point on the ISO, you use high ISO to increase exposure to allow for shorter shutter speeds so its pointless on a tripod as you are unlimited by shutter speed so crank it down as low as it goes. I use max ISO 100 when on a tripod which is as low as my camera will go.